Do to, or not to do...

DibDab

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
So... My upgrade is available come Feb 11th. I have 1 month to decide. I WANT a thunderbolt but honestly will not have the money to get one. Now I'm trying to figure out if I want an Incredible, or X. The big screen isn't a maker or breaker for me. I'm stuck with an original Storm right now and am chomping at the bit for a Droid system. I like the Incredible because it's smaller for my smaller hands. Any suggest, pros and cons between the two? I will also be getting 2 of them, and currently the Incredible is BOGO. The X is not. I wish I knew what would the sale will be when we can upgrade. :( Any suggestions? Next year we will probably be able to buy a phone out right and get what we want so the 2 year contract isn't bothering me so much.

DibDab

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
My husband and I have 2 kids.. His hours were cut at work. We need new phones because my won't hardly hold a charge anymore and the screen has almost went out on his a time or two. He travels a lot and can't be stranded without a phone.

Point is, we can afford $150 for 2 phones. But $600 for 2 new phones if out of the question. I have seen the X as bogo before. So in that instance we could do that.

So, back to my actual question, Which is better the X or Incredible?

I do not mean to be snarky in my response, but I didn't ask for my financial situation to be discussed.

Last edited:

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Both phones are very good but in the Dinc forum most replies are going to for the Incredible. If I had to choose between the 2 I would pick the Incredible because of Sense and better custom Roms. I would love to have the screen size of the X and I'll be getting the Thunderbolt when it's released.

Reactions: DibDab

DibDab

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Both phones are very good but in the Dinc forum most replies are going to for the Incredible. If I had to choose between the 2 I would pick the Incredible because of Sense and better custom Roms. I would love to have the screen size of the X and I'll be getting the Thunderbolt when it's released.

I see on the Verizon website that it says "ROM: 512MB, RAM: 512MB DDR" Does that mean it only had 512 memory for storage of apps? Can you store apps on a mem card? That's one thing I hate about this Storm, I'm out of memory just with a few apps. And by a few, I mean I have about 5-6 on it. Ahh, I hate trying to decide about phones. There are so many factors that go into play.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I come from Blackberry as well. I have the Incredible and it is an awesome device. You can put a lot on this device if you choose too. There is no lag or freezing up. It works flawlessly. The screen is perfect size. You say you want the Thunderbolt and the screen is the same size as the X. The Incredible is a perfect fit and the Sense UI is really great. I can't speak highly enough of this device. I had BB for over 3 years and am so glad to finally have internet that is exactly that INTERNET. My emails are just as quick to receive as on BB. My phone quality is outstanding, very crystal clear. No dropped calls. Go play with it. You won't regret it.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I've had the Incredible since launch day and I just spent the weekend setting up a Droid 2 (Motorola) that I got my Father-in-Law (Big baby needs the slide out keyboard)... With that said, I don't know how I'm ever going to be able to get a phone without Sense... Yes, I know you can add new launchers and such, but for out of the box customization and usability, you can't beat Sense.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I see on the Verizon website that it says "ROM: 512MB, RAM: 512MB DDR" Does that mean it only had 512 memory for storage of apps? Can you store apps on a mem card? That's one thing I hate about this Storm, I'm out of memory just with a few apps. And by a few, I mean I have about 5-6 on it. Ahh, I hate trying to decide about phones. There are so many factors that go into play.

The 512mb stats you're looking at are for the OS and the OS RAM, Internal storage for the phone is 8Gig, plus there is an SD card slot. I believe the DInc is still shipping with a 2GB microSD card but you can put up to 32GB card in there. Plenty of room for Apps, music, pictures or whatever you want!

I've had mine since June and love it. Still nothing on VZW (that is available today) that I would get over it and not sure if there is anything anounced I'd burn an upgrade on. ;)

I'v worked with OG Droid, D2, Eris, Facinate and x and to be honest I like the DInc better then all of them.

BOGO is a good deal - I paid full upgrade price for a second DInc 35 days before they went Free at BB over the holidays.

DibDab

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I come from Blackberry as well. I have the Incredible and it is an awesome device. You can put a lot on this device if you choose too. There is no lag or freezing up. It works flawlessly. The screen is perfect size. You say you want the Thunderbolt and the screen is the same size as the X. The Incredible is a perfect fit and the Sense UI is really great. I can't speak highly enough of this device. I had BB for over 3 years and am so glad to finally have internet that is exactly that INTERNET. My emails are just as quick to receive as on BB. My phone quality is outstanding, very crystal clear. No dropped calls. Go play with it. You won't regret it.

Ooo, I didn't think to check the screen size on the TB. I just hate that my girl hands seem so little on it. So, that could be a reason to not get it. As far as emails, I've been having issues on my BB with them not showing up for 30 mins to an hour. That would be really nice to have working again lol. Thank you much for the response!

DibDab

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I've had the Incredible since launch day and I just spent the weekend setting up a Droid 2 (Motorola) that I got my Father-in-Law (Big baby needs the slide out keyboard)... With that said, I don't know how I'm ever going to be able to get a phone without Sense... Yes, I know you can add new launchers and such, but for out of the box customization and usability, you can't beat Sense.

I need to read up more on Sense. Have seen it mentioned, but not sure what it does.

DibDab

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
The 512mb stats you're looking at are for the OS and the OS RAM, Internal storage for the phone is 8Gig, plus there is an SD card slot. I believe the DInc is still shipping with a 2GB microSD card but you can put up to 32GB card in there. Plenty of room for Apps, music, pictures or whatever you want!

I've had mine since June and love it. Still nothing on VZW (that is available today) that I would get over it and not sure if there is anything anounced I'd burn an upgrade on. ;)

I'v worked with OG Droid, D2, Eris, Facinate and x and to be honest I like the DInc better then all of them.

BOGO is a good deal - I paid full upgrade price for a second DInc 35 days before they went Free at BB over the holidays.

The biggest feature that was drawing me to the TB was the forward facing camera to be honest. Being that hubby is gone a lot, it would've been nice to have it for chats. Can you chat in a mirror on the rear facing phones with Skype? Would/could it work that way?

I noticed on the website they now have it for $99 with BOGO. Even more tempting. I wonder if they'd let me do it a little early. They might do even better sales getting closer to the Iphone I would think. Trying to tempt people into not holding out lol. Any idea the time period the sales usually run? I'd rather hold out to the 11th and use my NE2 but I'd also hate to miss a good offer.

I was wondering why it didn't show more internal memory on the site. Guess they left that out. I have an 8 gig card that came in my storm I can use. But more worried about having room on phone to store apps and such. Maybe some pics, but I have plenty of room on my SD card for that for now.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I haven't used any of the video chat programs so I'm not sure if using a mirror would work or not.

Usually if you're within a month or two they will let you use your upgrade early. Have you stopped into a VZW store and checked? Not sure if BB or Radio Shack will let you but the VZW Corporate and branded reseller locations usually can.

DikaiaKnight

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Have you checked Best Buy? They had the Droid Incredible BOGO not too long ago, maybe one month. I have also seen great deals for both the X and Incredible on Amazon and newegg.com. I would try those sites to try and get a deal and help you save some money.

Personally I like the Incredible more than the X but it comes down to personal preference. play with both and see what you guys like.

I feel your pain with the original Storm. I had one as well and was super happy when I made the switch to Android back in July.

Good luck with your search!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I need to read up more on Sense. Have seen it mentioned, but not sure what it does.

Sense is the user interface, on top of generic Android, that is used by HTC. Moto uses an overlay know as Blur, or PhilBlur in some circles. Samsung has one called TouchWiz. They are UI enhancements that the Manufacturer feels improves the user experience. In some cases, they are correct, in others...

I Sense you get where most folk's preferences lie in this forum! ;)

DibDab

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I haven't used any of the video chat programs so I'm not sure if using a mirror would work or not.

Usually if you're within a month or two they will let you use your upgrade early. Have you stopped into a VZW store and checked? Not sure if BB or Radio Shack will let you but the VZW Corporate and branded reseller locations usually can.

I went in there today to play with some but wasn't able to stay very long so I didn't get to ask them. Might go back up there tomorrow to see what they have to say.

DibDab

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Have you checked Best Buy? They had the Droid Incredible BOGO not too long ago, maybe one month. I have also seen great deals for both the X and Incredible on Amazon and newegg.com. I would try those sites to try and get a deal and help you save some money.

Personally I like the Incredible more than the X but it comes down to personal preference. play with both and see what you guys like.

I feel your pain with the original Storm. I had one as well and was super happy when I made the switch to Android back in July.

Good luck with your search!

It's still bogo at Verizon online right now.. and $50 cheaper than yesterday. So $100 for 2 phones. I'm leaning more towards the Incredible because I hate how bulky the X feels. I don't want an ity bity phone, but I also don't want one that is a pain to carry around. I've heard good stuff about HTC too. My husband is pretty much game for anything cheaper, and a droid. He is addicted to Angry Birds from my friends phone lol.

DibDab

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Sense is the user interface, on top of generic Android, that is used by HTC. Moto uses an overlay know as Blur, or PhilBlur in some circles. Samsung has one called TouchWiz. They are UI enhancements that the Manufacturer feels improves the user experience. In some cases, they are correct, in others...

I Sense you get where most folk's preferences lie in this forum! ;)

I figured I would be more tipped in that direction in here :p TY for the explanation. I looked around some and did find the Incredible at the HTC website for free. They must be going to roll out TB here soon. Looks as though Verizon and HTC is trying to push their stock out. I'm wondering in the TB will roll out just after that 14 new return period expires for the Iphone. That way they are stuck with them and can't return them for a Droid.

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I love my Dinc! The X is nice (that 4.3" screen is killer) but Sense is a bazillion times better than Motosuck! That alone is enough for me to recommend the Incredible. For the record, I will be going for a Thunderbolt when it comes out though because I want that screen!

lazarus

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
It kills me to see Sense being the deciding factor here... its as simple and downloading Launcher Pro, and boom, you've got a launcher that is quicker and better than Sense. Don't get me wrong, of all the custom launchers from the manufacturers, sense is the best, but it doesn't hold a candle to LP or even ADW for that matter in my opinion. Of course if you don't want to mess with third party launchers, I can understand that, its just So easy to install them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173