multiple taps to get device to respond

mysterioustranger

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised that both HTC and Verizon tech support don't seem to know about this issue or how to resolve it. This is the 3rd phone I've used/twice exchanged and have done resets on two of them to no avail. Basically the issue is that In the browser and sometimes the four touch buttons won't register my touch. In the browser it's links that often don't register my touch. I have to often tap twice and rarely three times. I'm doing normal taps that aren't misses - not light quick taps nor extended press. I always have the phone in hand when I use it. If I tap the exact same way the second time will register usually.

Any insight would be very appreciated. Thanks.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried using a different browser if you using the stock one? I use Dolphin HD which has always worked great for me.
I have never seen any other post regarding this issue and the only advice I would give is getting a replacement if a factory reset doesn't resolve the issue. Sorry I couldn't give you a better answer but wait for more replies maybe someone has had the same problem and can give better advice.

mysterioustranger

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
thanks for that suggestion. I will experiment with another browser. I've tried it on the other incredibles but not this one. What's weird is that the on screen keyboard always registers touch and also navigating through the OS but not on links in apps like the browser. All 3 incredibles I've used had this issue and all were brand new. Maybe ill ask another person to play with my phone to see if it happens with their touch. I can't recall if this screen is heat sensitive or how it works.

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It's capacitive. There was a grounding issue with the some devices a while back, but I'd think they would have fixed that.

Every once in a while it takes a few taps to register links in the browser for me, but that hasn't really been a problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance