Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Default Handcent MMS force closes

Everytime I get an MMS I get an "mms force close" message. I'm using Handcent and Virtuous 3.2 ROM. It totally defeats the purpose of the app if everytime I get a calender item or MMS I then have to go back to the stock messenger and retrieve it through that.

Is this just a handcent issue, perhaps I should try Chomp?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,394 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Try clearing the data and cache in Handcent that should work.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Well cleared data and cache and now it doesn't force close...i just can't import any calendar items my wife sends me.

She's using a BB Storm (i know, don't get me started) and I've never had a problem importing them using the stock messenger until i switched to Handcent last week.

Any other ideas or is this just a limitation of the app?

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBeans Build 5

i haven't used handcent since it freaked out on me months ago...been using chompSMS ever since and haven't looked back.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by facedown41 View Post
    i haven't used handcent since it freaked out on me months ago...been using chompSMS ever since and haven't looked back.
    How do you like chomp? presumably you like it since you haven't looked back. I was wondering about the "credits". Some of the reviews in the market say you have to buy "chomp credits". The full description of the app says it too...what the deal with that?

I had been using Handcent since I got my Incredible but it had gotten really laggy so I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, still had the same problem so I tried Go SMS. I've been using it for the past several weeks and really like it so far. It's very similar to Handcent.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

handcent is decent but I dont like the fact that I have to buy premium to send high quality mms pics. Not cool. looking for an alternative.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

tried chomp but just didn't like it. just saw that there was an update to handcent tonight, hoping this fixes it other wise i guess i'll go back to stock messaging...sucks too cause i really like the handcent bubble conversation style.

i tried handcent and goSMS. On both apps i was getting that "force close" message and the incoming message wouldn't appear in my conversation. the pop up screen would show it it but the thread would only show my response. it sucks because i like the look but that force close message is annoying.

also, my friends and i send messages/pics to each other and it seems like they have a "reply to all" option but i have to do it indivdually if i want them all to see it. is there a way to reply to all? they have iphones and blackberrys so i don't know if that's a feature they automatically have.

*Update* after going back to stock messaging and still getting errors, i think the culprit was a Blackbook app that i installed to hide contact/calls/messages. i went back to GoSMS because handcent was a bit laggy before i even got the blackbook. We'll see how it works now.
    Last edited by moliva1568; 01-17-2011 at 09:01 AM.