Im finding it very hard to upgrade.

StylinProfilin

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
HTC has made one Hell of a phone in the Dinc, except for its battery life, which I've worked around and lack of a ffc. All these phones coming out are way too big for me. Their screens are worse. Only phone I would even consider is the Nexus S but that is on t mobile... and does not have a track pad... Every time I get close to buying a new phone, common sense says it ain't no Droid Incredible.

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Same for me. I am getting the itch for a new phone but nothing is as good as my Incredible. The extended battery has taken care of the short battery life. The only phone I would upgrade to is one running 2.3 with a 4 inch super AMOLED. Since I am stuck with Verizon that means no Nexus S for me. I really wish Samsung was good about their updates, I would have gotten a Fascinate.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

abtxpress

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the size phones are getting to big. I mean dang, it wont be long till phones are the size of a netbook. I don't know why all these manufacturers think everyone wants a bigger more bulky phone. My dInc is the perfect size.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yup I am actually due for an upgrade but there are no better phones out on vzw then what I have.
I am getting picker because so far theres nothing I havent been able to do. I mite update at christmas tho depends on whats avaliable on vzw

sent using TaPaTaLk

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
The TB will have the bigger screen and updated Sense without being overly huge. That would be a natural upgrade from the Dinc IMO, though there is nothing wrong with staying with the Incredible....

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm probably going to stick to the Incredible until my contract is up. The Android devices then will be a significant improvement over the Incredible, rather than just a relatively minor one (bigger screen, new software I can get by flashing a ROM, more efficient 1GHZ processor and LTE capabilities don't really move me to buy a new phone).

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I like what I am seeing from the Thunderbolt, but unless HTC stops support for my Droid Incredible, I will stay with it probably after my upgrade kicks in next year. This phone does everything I ask of it and more. A new app here, a nice wallpaper there, then I am in love again. Now, I doubt it will happen, but if HTC can upgrade Sense to 2.0 then there will be even less of a reason to move on!

anon(18050)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I completely agree with you. I've been itching to get a new phone for no other reason than to get a new one, but nothing has really gotten me too excited. I have no use for LTE, and I love the DInc's screen size.

I also love what Sense brings to the table, namely scrollable widgets. I'm curious to see what future versions of android bring to phones. If scrollable widgets from tablet honeycomb make their way to phones, I can really see myself trying to find a stock phone (or probably even convince myself to use a rom for longer than a day).

All that said, there is one thing I am starting to dislike about my DInc, gaming. While it will run most any game right now perfectly fine and likely will continue to for a while longer, it's already fallen flat on it's face with the higher tier games. Dungeon Defenders literally brings it to a crawl on the first level and a few Gameloft games do have issues on the DInc.

But that's the great thing about tech these days, there's always that complementary item and for me that's the Xoom. Scrollable widgets and a fantastic looking UI (Thank you Matias Duarte!) and hardware to back it up. I don't see myself getting a new phone anytime soon, but it may be getting replaced in a large part of my life by a tablet.

MushroomStamp

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you guys.. my DInc is damn near perfect. I would definetly be up for a 4" screen though... not a 4.3. I am interested in front facing cams though. Jumping to LTE not a huge priority. If your not running games (besides angry birds) there really isnt' a need for a dual core processor. There are some Sense issues though and an update to sense 2.0 would definetly mean less of a need to upgrade, which is why they won't ever do it.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I was getting pretty excited for the Droid Bionic. I have seen some of the WP7 4.3" devices and they are not too big for more (for some reason the Evo seems over-sized, but the WP7 hTC phones are just nice hardware). Anyway, I think I really want a Moto Xoom more than a new phone, so I'll probably stick it out with the Incredible a bit longer. After loading some Roms, it is like a whole new experience to fiddle with.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Years ago my first cell was just a huge piece of hardware. As big as a cordless home phone. And then they started getting smaller and smaller.
I don't like huge phones and 4.0 would be the biggest I would consider. The droid X is just too big for me. I really like everything about the Incredible.
It is so refreshing from BB in every possible function. It hasn't frozen up or lagged. My email gets to me just as quickly and the internet is that......INTERNET not having to squint these ole eyes. And what I really like is no BING on my Incredible. I don't use microsoft even on my laptop I have mozilla firefox and I prefer google. I am very pleased with the Incredible and for right now, the new devices coming out, won't be getting my attention. I might play with them because I like seeing new devices and having sold wireless, I like keeping abreast on it all. But for my personal use, the Incredible is great. I see why CNET named it device of the month in April 2010.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1