Google Talk won't open

kjparfekt

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My gf has the droid incredible and when you click the icon for Talk the screen flashes and nothing happens. When you go into the running apps it says google talk is running. She also has the low on application data space but she's removed all of her pictures and videos and moved every app that she could to her SD card. I had her do a battery pull and still no luck.

Does anyone have a simlar problem? Anyone with a fix out there?

Thanks forum!!!

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I would force close talk and clear the data and cache first. Just go into settings>applications>manage apps>all>find talk and clear all and see if that helps.

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
you have to get rid of the low space message first, then you can open gtalk. it will close otherwise.

several threads about the low space error and possible solutions. clearing the cache and deleting SMS messages are first things i would try

kjparfekt

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've cleared the cache and deleted all old SMS messages with no luck. I've gotten the low memory error message to leave before but it came back in a day or two. It's so odd that phone would have low memory issues when more than 90% of the memory is free.

Needless to say if this was my phone I would have thrown it out the window by now. She also told me she hasn't been getting her emails and she goes to gmail.com to check her messages. What a huge pain. This is all really turning me off of android phones. I've played with her phone for hours and read all the threads on the low memory issue and haven't been able to fix any of the problems for her.