My Verizon mobile accesing other users's info/data

androide

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I don know if anybody has experienced this error yet, but a couple of days ago, when I wanted to check my data usage on My Verizon Mobile app (installed from the market) it accessed somebody's else information. I only got to see the phone number, data usage, minutes and messages used. It was weird, 'cause i have never seen something like this, not even on a PC.
Anybody else seen this?!

androide

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
indeed it is. I tried to recreate the error but, so far, I haven't succeed. I don think it has anything to do with whatever any other app was running on my Inc. I think it is an error more on the side of Verizon!

androide

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
@Jude 526, I might try, but I think they will want some kind of proof. I think I should have written down the #.
@ GooTz66, scarier for the other user!

androide

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
@ GooTz66, yeap, hopefully! I just think not many people have experienced this error, but unfortunately many of them don know this forum!

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Are you on a family plan? Did you by chance see some one's information on the family plan or was it just some random person?

sivartk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Mine via my phone the other day wasn't able to validate my number. Maybe some ID's got crossed and caused the problem. Sounds like a query issue...bad table joins...who knows...

androide

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
@ bigk, I got to see the mobile #, the voice minutes, messages and internet usage. I think it is the first page summary one gets when running the app.
So, it was a random person's information. I think I will send an email to customer service and ask if they've gotten any other complaints like that. Will post if I do.
@ sivartk, yeah, it could be any reason, but these things should not be happening. I know the big Red has always been very good at infosec policies and hope to be like that always.

androide

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I just had the same problem again 3 days ago and took pics of the screen with my wife's phone, I will be uploading them in an hour or so!

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Upload the pictures! Block out the personal information though.

I've had this error happen to me the other day. It's really odd.... You see the person's minutes used and what not. All I did was restart the app and I got my information and I was good to go.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
if it happens again write down the number don't close out of the program and go to your local store. that is really weird though. have never had that problem.

androide

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
A couple of days ago, I had the same problem, buthtis time the real phone # appeared on the info, I could not get a shot though, I had no other camera around, I will try to get a screen shot and take it to a verizon local store though, the number bagan with an area code of 718 or 768, something liket, not sure though!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac