Any way to set primary number for SMS?

srvac

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I am wondering why SMS messaging was left out when it comes to the ability to set a primary number. Say I have a contact, John Williamson, with a home and mobile number as well as two emails. I can longpress on one of the two phone numbers and one of the two emails so they come up as a default.

But I can't do it for text messages. I really don't recognize numbers so can't tell by sight if it is a home or mobile number. And when last names are relatively long, the part that says "mobile" or "home" is often not displayed.

I am running Skyraider 3.5 Sense but didn't know if a different ROM would help or if it was built into Froyo.

whtciv2k

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Try using Handcent SMS (free in the market) instead of the regular messaging app. There are a ton more options and you can set it to only display mobile numbers instead of every number and email you have for a contact(mobile/home/work/email/etc....)

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Try using Handcent SMS (free in the market) instead of the regular messaging app. There are a ton more options and you can set it to only display mobile numbers instead of every number and email you have for a contact(mobile/home/work/email/etc....)

Thanks for the tip! I have been using Handcent for months and did not know about this. I always hated how I had to scroll thru all of the home numbers etc. to find the mobile number when sending a text.

credo

May 1, 2010
Visit site
What ever number set as primary for calls should be primary for SMS by default, I think.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

srvac

May 4, 2010
Visit site

Damn, I've used Handcent since I got the phone but never saw that option. Thanks!