Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

Default Any way to set primary number for SMS?

I am wondering why SMS messaging was left out when it comes to the ability to set a primary number. Say I have a contact, John Williamson, with a home and mobile number as well as two emails. I can longpress on one of the two phone numbers and one of the two emails so they come up as a default.

But I can't do it for text messages. I really don't recognize numbers so can't tell by sight if it is a home or mobile number. And when last names are relatively long, the part that says "mobile" or "home" is often not displayed.

I am running Skyraider 3.5 Sense but didn't know if a different ROM would help or if it was built into Froyo.

Global Posts
    421 Global Posts

Try using Handcent SMS (free in the market) instead of the regular messaging app. There are a ton more options and you can set it to only display mobile numbers instead of every number and email you have for a contact(mobile/home/work/email/etc....)
    Thanked by 2:
    A Dude

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyWiz / CM10

Quote Originally Posted by whtciv2k View Post
    Try using Handcent SMS (free in the market) instead of the regular messaging app. There are a ton more options and you can set it to only display mobile numbers instead of every number and email you have for a contact(mobile/home/work/email/etc....)
    Thanks for the tip! I have been using Handcent for months and did not know about this. I always hated how I had to scroll thru all of the home numbers etc. to find the mobile number when sending a text.

Global Posts
    421 Global Posts

No problem sir. Enjoy

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts

What ever number set as primary for calls should be primary for SMS by default, I think.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whtciv2k View Post
    Damn, I've used Handcent since I got the phone but never saw that option. Thanks!