I am wondering why SMS messaging was left out when it comes to the ability to set a primary number. Say I have a contact, John Williamson, with a home and mobile number as well as two emails. I can longpress on one of the two phone numbers and one of the two emails so they come up as a default.

But I can't do it for text messages. I really don't recognize numbers so can't tell by sight if it is a home or mobile number. And when last names are relatively long, the part that says "mobile" or "home" is often not displayed.

I am running Skyraider 3.5 Sense but didn't know if a different ROM would help or if it was built into Froyo.
    01-19-2011 10:13 PM
    Try using Handcent SMS (free in the market) instead of the regular messaging app. There are a ton more options and you can set it to only display mobile numbers instead of every number and email you have for a contact(mobile/home/work/email/etc....)
    srvac and lostinspace like this.
    01-20-2011 11:58 AM
    Try using Handcent SMS (free in the market) instead of the regular messaging app. There are a ton more options and you can set it to only display mobile numbers instead of every number and email you have for a contact(mobile/home/work/email/etc....)
    Thanks for the tip! I have been using Handcent for months and did not know about this. I always hated how I had to scroll thru all of the home numbers etc. to find the mobile number when sending a text.
    01-20-2011 03:00 PM
    No problem sir. Enjoy
    01-20-2011 11:25 PM
    What ever number set as primary for calls should be primary for SMS by default, I think.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.
    01-21-2011 01:48 AM
    Damn, I've used Handcent since I got the phone but never saw that option. Thanks!
    01-22-2011 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD