Numerous Issues - hope someone can help

garciajbj

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've had my DInc for a good year or so now. I've never rooted it, never used a task manager, and the only update I made was the update to FroYo. Ever since the FroYo update my 3g cuts in and out randomly, and I either have to toggle my WiFi or restart the phone to get it working again. Lately, this has gotten worse and nothing seems to help it.

Also, about two months ago, I noticed that the stock HTC calendar was not syncing with my Google calendar correctly. I have multiple calendars set up (i.e. business, personal, birthdays, etc.) but my phone is only showing a couple of them. It used to show them all. I've checked my Google calendar online, and they are all there, it just won't show up on my phone.

I don't know if anyone else is having these issues, and I sure don't know how to fix them. Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated. I use this phone extensively for business, and I would hate to have to trade it in, but these problems are not something I can live with at this point.

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Did you do factory reset? If not back up your data and do so. The way you can be sure if its software or hardware issue. From there you can proceed but I say do restore first and see what happens.

Sent from my HTC Glacier

garciajbj

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the advice, and I do want to do a factory reset. The question I'm having with that (forgive my ignorance) is if I will lose my paid apps when I reset the phone.

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
You will but you can reinstall them without charge many time you want under the some account on device. You paid for it so you have unlimited access to it along with future updates. So back up the data then do factory restore.

Sent from my HTC Glacier

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
HKM is correct. Once you have done the restore, and set it up, when you go into the Market and open it up then click on the menu key and click on
My Apps..........all your apps will be there and you can re-install them.

pinky850

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issues and unfortunately a factory reset didn't work for me. I sorta helped getting kick off the 3g and not being able to get back on unless I pulled the battery. That didn't happen as much. It didn't help the Google sync. I had to get a new device.

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
You could always root the phone and use titanium backup. That way when you reset the phone you can run the backup . You won't lose any of your apps or screens the phone will go back to how you had it

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've had my DInc for a good year or so now. I've never rooted it, never used a task manager, and the only update I made was the update to FroYo. Ever since the FroYo update my 3g cuts in and out randomly, and I either have to toggle my WiFi or restart the phone to get it working again. Lately, this has gotten worse and nothing seems to help it.
This sounds like a corruption. Try to refresh your data profile.

Also, about two months ago, I noticed that the stock HTC calendar was not syncing with my Google calendar correctly. I have multiple calendars set up (i.e. business, personal, birthdays, etc.) but my phone is only showing a couple of them. It used to show them all. I've checked my Google calendar online, and they are all there, it just won't show up on my phone.
Whether you want to or not.. a reset would be your best bet. Just install "AppBrain" from market and sync all your apps to your Google account. Make sure to sign into your account first.

I don't know if anyone else is having these issues, and I sure don't know how to fix them. Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated. I use this phone extensively for business, and I would hate to have to trade it in, but these problems are not something I can live with at this point.
I know that feeling quite well. However, replacing the device if its found to be defective would work out better for You.

Best of luck. ;)

garciajbj

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the help, everyone. I will definitely do a factory reset to see if that helps. If not, I will just have to bite the bullet and get a new phone. Does anyone know how long the warranty runs for the phone?

vxaxv17

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I have seen this problem as well (the 3g one). Every once in a while, the 3g is just gone from the notification bar. It didnt switch to 1x or something else like that, the whole spot where the icon would be is just blank. Of course, if I try to use the internet or any apps during this time, it tells me there is no data connection present. Most of the time if I power my phone off/on it comes back so i didnt think much of it.

garciajbj

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Update

So, I did a factory reset, and I am still having the same problems. I'm thinking that this must be a hardware issue. I have tried using different Calendar apps as opposed to my Sense Calendar, but none of them sync properly with Google Calendar. I suppose I will just have to replace the phone. I'm due for an upgrade soon, so in the meantime I'm just getting by with using the mobile version of Google Calendar, however the internet issue is still extremely frustrating.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance