Do all men really take forever to make up their mind?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have a friend and I swear he is worse than a woman deciding on a lipstick.:confused:
I know why I chose the Incredible over staying with BB and so why have you switched? I think my friend is taking too long to make a decision and needs to know exactly what he is missing out on.
I am so glad that I don't have to deal with battery pulls, freezing, lagging.
I can look and do multiple things..........calls are crystal clear
Internet is so fast ! texting sure is great cause you can text and not worry about the 160 character limit.........he is obsessed with autotext and I know we don't have it on the incredible but it does correct in texting mode !

He calls me a Droid martian. whatever. All I know it I love my INC and I have had no issues since making the switch. Battery life is my only complaint but I have the extended 1800 mAh and it has given longer usage of up to 4 hours for me and that is huge ! I haven't used a charger once today and I still have 30% left on the battery and it is after 9 p.m.

So as it is with a lipstick seems to be no different here......it is a phone that does so much. JUST GET IT !!!:p

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
If the decision is between a consumer BB and the Incredible (or any higher-end Android device), there is no need for prolonged review. Some people think they need BBM or a battery that lasts 32 hours. Get the device that does everything for 10 hours, not the one that does very little for 32 hours. Get an extended battery if you must. I did (2250 mah). Former BB Storm owner.

Reactions: oscarahj

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Coming from WM 6.5.2 was a little scary at first. What won me over was the specs on the phone and looking at what was coming up on the horizon.

BB NEVER had much of an upside (IMHO), so there was really only one choice in operating system and, at the time, only one real choice of phone for me. And it was a wise choice - almost a year later the Incredible is STILL one of the best phones out there .

...my $.02

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
exactly ! and he has been looking MUCH longer than two months. Complains about the BB but yet complains what the INC doesn't have to what he uses on BB so I finally told him to please stop asking then stay with his BB and continue to complain !

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Haha this is a great topic for a thread.

I completely understand where he is coming from. The most likely reason he is like this (at least for me it is) is that he wants to pick something that he feels will not make him experience high level of 'buyers remorse'.

I will contemplate if I should get something over and over. This could also be due to my over analytical OCD with a side of ADD and being distracted by all of the latest and greatest devices.

Give the guy a break haha. Better safe than sorry.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Jumping platforms, especially if you have invested a lot of time and money into the 'old' one, is not something to be taken lightly. Show him Sywpe and he may change his mind about needed that BB keyboard ;)

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Jumping platforms, especially if you have invested a lot of time and money into the 'old' one, is not something to be taken lightly. Show him Sywpe and he may change his mind about needed that BB keyboard ;)

I think the emotional investment is a bigger hurdle for some people. Many of us have become Android evangelists, or sorts. If Android were to start to lose its edge, it could be hard for some of us to admit, after being such supporters. I think that is what is happening to a lot of people that have been BB users/evangelists for so many years.

For me, I try to keep in mind that I am a proponent of what Android is today, and how it looks over the near future. I don't owe Android anything other than the hard-earned money they already got from me. If Android is eclipsed in the future, I hope I can move to whatever is going to satisfy my needs the best. They don't pay me to be a PR agent.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
He uses auto text a lot and that is one issue for him among other things. He has been looking into the INC for more than 8 months. I think that is really kind of funny. I make joke of it and he calls me the Droid Martian. I used to sell wireless but Android wasn't around when I sold. I have had BB for over 3 years and the past yr has been very annoying with me. I can't tell you how many I have had and the issues and Retention allowed to leave the BB platform and I was able to ask for the Incredible. I am so pleased with it. No issues whatsoever. Just have extended batteries and I am good for everything ! I love it and the platform. It is effortless. I
LOL. He has issues and has had to wipe his BB a few times. I had to bail and maybe one of these days he will get so fed up he will make the jump.

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Never been a BB person so I'm not sure what you mean by Auto Text, but the DI does have the ability to insert "Quick Text", as you probably already know. (but just in case... :) )

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
thanks it is different you can make your own so you aren't typing out the same things constantly. old habits are to break I guess !

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
thanks it is different you can make your own so you aren't typing out the same things constantly. old habits are to break I guess !

Well, you CAN make/edit your own (I do) - but only 10 of them, I think.

And maybe there's another app for that, who knows? :)

deferom

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I take forever to make my decisions.

Especially about what to buy. I make charts. Read reviews. Watch videos. For months.

connorb3

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Haha, I feel the same way about men's indecisiveness and stubbornness, so I created a humorous flowchart and entered it into a competition. 5 star rating anybody? :)
https://www.lucidchart.com/community/examples/view/4d42e4e5-ff10-48c4-aae1-112b0ac17bf0

More on topic, I suggest that you show your friend Google Sky Map and Google Navigation. Those are the ones that always wow my friends. And if it helps at all, my father's a CEO, he uses a Droid 2, and it works great. Your friend doesn't need to worry about enterprise compatibility at all, as long as there's a capable IT department

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair