Adding cities to Sense Weather

exmeaguy

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to add additional cities to the Sense Weather app? Is there a ROM that will do this? A search said about dragging a location from a map to the weather app? I'm missing something here.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The Stock HTC weather widgets use Accuweather, and the city choices are limited. If you select Current Location then it will use either GPS or tower information to show weather for your current location. Your other option is to use something like Beautiful Widgets from the market. There you can choose between Accuweather or Google. You can even link you 5 day forecast to The Weather Channel app. For detailed weather info I use The Weather Channel App. The HTC/Beautiful Widgets weather is good for quick and dirty weather.

Hope this helps.

exmeaguy

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. When I had my Touch Pro 2, there was a mod that you can load additional cities to the weather database. I was hoping you can do that here too, but it sounds like HTC changed the weather app for Android.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I know I live in Cave Creek and says it can't find it so in my home location says Deer Valley ! I am not close to Deer valley go figure.

taigovinda

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Your other option is to use something like Beautiful Widgets from the market. There you can choose between Accuweather or Google. You can even link you 5 day forecast to The Weather Channel app. For detailed weather info I use The Weather Channel App. The HTC/Beautiful Widgets weather is good for quick and dirty weather.

Hope this helps.

Beautiful Widgets gives my home city but it doesn't let me enter several other locations and page through them, like the weather app that came with the phone (the one that only has the biggest cities)... Is there something that will let me pick small cities, but also scroll through several different ones? Thanks!