Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Live wallpaper with least battery usage?

My wife would like to use a live wallpaper on her Dinc, but is concerned about battery life. (I've already told her that she might want to consider a static image instead.) Anybody out there have any idea which live wallpapers use the least amount of battery power?
    Custom User Title

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

I like aSpiritBomb. It's not free, though. It seems to not have battery drain issues. Most of the stock ones ought to be pretty good on battery, too. I am just using a wallpaper for now.
    Please use the Thanks button below and to the right.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,388 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

I would guess the darker the wallpaper the better it will be for battery life regardless if its live or not.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

The Android platform uses more battery usage. I like the live wallpapers as well. I am using the 1800 mAh battery and I am getting a lot better battery usage. I am not using a live wallpaper at the moment though. I like the stock ones and I have found free ones in the market as well. They are going to use more battery use. So, if that is the main concern, get a better battery. I like the 1800 mAh because it doesn't require a differnt battery cover, still a thin battery. I was recommend HTC Express website. It is a decent battery can get two with a wall charger for 39.99 and free shipping. I was charging up my phone 3 times a day. I can get 1.5 days depending on usage with this battery. Enjoy the wallpapers. I love everything the DINC can do.......

Wp clock seems to be no different than a standard background.

Note that Live Wallpaper ONLY uses battery when it's actually being displayed. Unless your wife sits and watches her wallpaper for hours on end, it won't have any significant impact on battery life.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    The Android platform uses more battery usage. I like the live wallpapers as well. I am using the 1800 mAh battery and I am getting a lot better battery usage. I am not using a live wallpaper at the moment though. I like the stock ones and I have found free ones in the market as well. They are going to use more battery use. So, if that is the main concern, get a better battery. I like the 1800 mAh because it doesn't require a differnt battery cover, still a thin battery. I was recommend HTC Express website. It is a decent battery can get two with a wall charger for 39.99 and free shipping. I was charging up my phone 3 times a day. I can get 1.5 days depending on usage with this battery. Enjoy the wallpapers. I love everything the DINC can do.......
    How long does the normal battery last in a day with average usage?

ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by steeltown View Post
    How long does the normal battery last in a day with average usage?
    I have made it 12 hours on stock battery

FYI Ebay seller chichitec has two 1800maH batteries plus a wall charger on Ebay. I got mine for about $21 with shipping. Honestly, the best things you can do for battery life is get an extended battery and/or root.
    Where's the juice again?

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Note that Live Wallpaper ONLY uses battery when it's actually being displayed. Unless your wife sits and watches her wallpaper for hours on end, it won't have any significant impact on battery life.
    Good to know thanks!
    Feel free to private message me at any time! I enjoy getting private messages.

FWIW, I tested battery life for a full day each with both a static wallpaper and Live wallpaper. Saw no difference in battery life. There are a lot of other settings that will impact it more. I say go for the one she likes best.

(I ran across Mesmerize in the market the other day and really like it.)

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sideload App Method

Quote Originally Posted by hrbib21 View Post
    FYI Ebay seller chichitec has two 1800maH batteries plus a wall charger on Ebay. I got mine for about $21 with shipping. Honestly, the best things you can do for battery life is get an extended battery and/or root.
    how did you get yours so cheap? on the ebay store for chichitec has the same price that is on the regular website