Live wallpaper with least battery usage?

bbernardini

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
My wife would like to use a live wallpaper on her Dinc, but is concerned about battery life. (I've already told her that she might want to consider a static image instead.) Anybody out there have any idea which live wallpapers use the least amount of battery power?

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I like aSpiritBomb. It's not free, though. It seems to not have battery drain issues. Most of the stock ones ought to be pretty good on battery, too. I am just using a wallpaper for now.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I would guess the darker the wallpaper the better it will be for battery life regardless if its live or not.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
The Android platform uses more battery usage. I like the live wallpapers as well. I am using the 1800 mAh battery and I am getting a lot better battery usage. I am not using a live wallpaper at the moment though. I like the stock ones and I have found free ones in the market as well. They are going to use more battery use. So, if that is the main concern, get a better battery. I like the 1800 mAh because it doesn't require a differnt battery cover, still a thin battery. I was recommend HTC Express website. It is a decent battery can get two with a wall charger for 39.99 and free shipping. I was charging up my phone 3 times a day. I can get 1.5 days depending on usage with this battery. Enjoy the wallpapers. I love everything the DINC can do.......

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Note that Live Wallpaper ONLY uses battery when it's actually being displayed. Unless your wife sits and watches her wallpaper for hours on end, it won't have any significant impact on battery life.

steeltown

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
The Android platform uses more battery usage. I like the live wallpapers as well. I am using the 1800 mAh battery and I am getting a lot better battery usage. I am not using a live wallpaper at the moment though. I like the stock ones and I have found free ones in the market as well. They are going to use more battery use. So, if that is the main concern, get a better battery. I like the 1800 mAh because it doesn't require a differnt battery cover, still a thin battery. I was recommend HTC Express website. It is a decent battery can get two with a wall charger for 39.99 and free shipping. I was charging up my phone 3 times a day. I can get 1.5 days depending on usage with this battery. Enjoy the wallpapers. I love everything the DINC can do.......

How long does the normal battery last in a day with average usage?

hrbib21

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
FYI Ebay seller chichitec has two 1800maH batteries plus a wall charger on Ebay. I got mine for about $21 with shipping. Honestly, the best things you can do for battery life is get an extended battery and/or root.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Note that Live Wallpaper ONLY uses battery when it's actually being displayed. Unless your wife sits and watches her wallpaper for hours on end, it won't have any significant impact on battery life.

Good to know thanks!

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, I tested battery life for a full day each with both a static wallpaper and Live wallpaper. Saw no difference in battery life. There are a lot of other settings that will impact it more. I say go for the one she likes best.

(I ran across Mesmerize in the market the other day and really like it.)

jr369

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
FYI Ebay seller chichitec has two 1800maH batteries plus a wall charger on Ebay. I got mine for about $21 with shipping. Honestly, the best things you can do for battery life is get an extended battery and/or root.

how did you get yours so cheap? on the ebay store for chichitec has the same price that is on the regular website

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech