Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Maps Issue

I recently updated Google Maps to 5.1.0. Now I keep getting a pop-up saying Google Maps has stopped unexpectedly with option to force close, even though I'm not in the app. Very annoying. Anyone else having this with the latest version?
    Custom User Title

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

No. I have had issues with previous updates, though. I would suggest uninstalling it. It will revert you to a previous version, then you can upgrade again.
    Please use the Thanks button below and to the right.

Default Google Maps force close

I started to have the same issue today (February 4th, 2011). It is very annoying as basically my phone (Samsung Vibrant with Froyo) freezes for a few seconds and then the popup shows up saying "Force close". I now upgraded to Google Maps 5.10 and will see if I keep getting the same problem.

Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

I've experienced this same issue on my EVO after updating to 5.2.1, but I can't uninstall and I have 3 "maps" apps on my app launcher. Each one launches the 3 core maps features: navagation, maps and places.

anyone have a fix for this?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGonzales90 View Post
    I've experienced this same issue on my EVO after updating to 5.2.1, but I can't uninstall and I have 3 "maps" apps on my app launcher. Each one launches the 3 core maps features: navagation, maps and places.

anyone have a fix for this?
    This happened to my wifes phone when I put the latest update on it. Heres what worked for me. Menu>settings>applications>all>maps>uninstall updates. It will have a pop up warning, hit ok. Then, start maps and let it locate you. Then go back to the market and it will show there is an update for maps. It was just a bad install. She hasn't had any issues since.

Hope it helps
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Thanks for the reply. There is no option to click "uninstall updates"

Its right next to force stop on mine....

Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

its grayed out on mine.

Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Well the issue seems to be fixed. Not sure how but all is working now.