Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Default "Market no longer installed"...

When I try to get on Market...it says "the linked program is no longer installed on your phone". It isn't in my apps either. I did nothing new to my phone...just bumped charged it in the morning as usual...everything else seems to be normal. What can I do???
    Thanks!!

Jeff
    Where's the juice again?

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You dont need to bump charge it any more I heard some where that it was fixed in android 2.2. I just chrage my battry like normal.

Try going in applications and force the app to stop and then try opening it again.
    Feel free to private message me at any time! I enjoy getting private messages.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Thanks.. it isn't in my applications any longer. I only have something called "Market Updater" ...that won't allow me to do anything with it. So it is like it has been totally removed from my phone...BUT I didn't do anything.

Any help????

Have you tried to go https://market.android.com/ and try to install a program from there? Maybe it will force a new install / update to your current market program.

Worth a try.

Sounds like something got corrupted. I've noticed little zaps from my USB plug when I charge my cappy at work. I always make sure it is discharged before I get it near my phone.

As for your app, you could just try re-installing manually. Grab the .APK here and stick it on your phone then execute from the file browser.

Android.market.apk - Download

(or find another source if you don't like that one. Good luck!)

I had a similar issue lately with my vanilla nexus one. I think the market got corrupted when it was updating... the icon changed to a stock icon and "Market" actually disappeared from my applications list. It force closed anytime I accessed the old icon on my home screen.

It was more apparent after a restart what was going on but I found the market application under the name com.android.vending (?) in my setting's applications list. I uninstalled updates and everything went back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by h_cl View Post
    I had a similar issue lately with my vanilla nexus one. I think the market got corrupted when it was updating... the icon changed to a stock icon and "Market" actually disappeared from my applications list. It force closed anytime I accessed the old icon on my home screen.

It was more apparent after a restart what was going on but I found the market application under the name com.android.vending (?) in my setting's applications list. I uninstalled updates and everything went back to normal.

Another thing to try is to log out of your Google Talk and back in again.
    Market is somehow tied to your google talk account.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Default Market

You could also just download APPBRAIN I think it is very comparable to the regular market.