go sms and 6245

dan7360

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
i have my gmail setup to send me a text message every time i get a new email. i downloaded go sms last night and the first couple of times i got a new email i would get the text and it would said from "anonymous" but recently it has now changed to 6245 and when i get the text its a blank message and i have to back out of the message and back to the inbox to see the message... anybody know how to get rid of the blank message with the 6245?

md17

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Why do you need a text message sent to your phone everytime you get a gmail message. Set up your gmail on your phone and have the email sent right to the phone.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
There is also a notification ringtone that will let you know if you get an email or text. I wish they were separate ringtones like BB but we can't have everything.

dan7360

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
i dont always have 3g or wifi on all the time, so this way i can always get my emails when i dont have internet connection.. saves battery life my friend

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
It should also work in 1xRT, I would think. It would just be slower.

And if you don't always have 3g or wifi why are you even bothering to set up a notification system when you can't read the mail in the first place?

Also you can set up a separate sound notification sound for your gmail. Open up gmail on your phone and hit "menu" then click "settings" scroll down to "ring tone" and choose the one you want now you have a different sound for email.