Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What do you think is a better battery solution?

3 x 1500mAh no name batteries with a

Ooooor one that is marketed to retrofit the OEM 1300 battery...

I got two of the no name 1500mAh + a similiar charger for $10 about three months ago. They were shipped to me from Hong Kong at no additional shipping cost.

I'll confirm that they definitely work with a slight increase in battery life. I usually just keep one of them in my phone and the other in my bag just in case.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah, I'm leaning that way. I mean, $12?! It's almost a no-brainer, I just thought I'd wait and see if anyone would chime in talking about how much more of a difference the extra 300mAh would make and how crappy chinese battery cells were. lol

I have the 1800 mAh from HTC Express and the wall charger. I am getting 12-15 hours depending on the use. I am pleased and the fact the battery is slim and can use stock battery cover. I don't like extra weight on my device. Besides what the Incredible does, I like the size and the light feel of it. I have two batteries and a wall charger and am pleased with them.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Get the 3500 - it's not that much bigger then stock and everyone who has held my phone and a stock phone likes the way my phone feels in their hand better. Also you can use the phone the way it was meant to be used without fear of running out of power.

Just a thought.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    Get the 3500 - it's not that much bigger then stock and everyone who has held my phone and a stock phone likes the way my phone feels in their hand better. Also you can use the phone the way it was meant to be used without fear of running out of power.

Just a thought.
    I gotta disagree. I got an extended battery and HATED it because it literally turned my Incredible into a cinder block. it was bigger, heavier.... just don't do it. now I have 2 1700's and they work just fine. they also sell a dock on here that allows you to charge both pretty easily

Get the 1800 HTC Express batteries. They sell them on amazon. 2 batteries and a wall charger for $40. Well worth the money. I have been using mine for 3 months now and get 12hrs use out of them. Thats because I actually use my phone for calls and text a lot. Good thing about it I always have a spare battery in my pocket.

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

I did the Seidio Innocell 1750mAh Slim Extended Life Battery and carry around the OEM HTC battery as a spare. With "Enable always-on mobile..." turned off, WiFi or GPS almost always on, Bluetooth usually off and five e-mail accounts checked every five mins w/no size limit and attachment downloads on, I almost always make it from 7a thru midnight, I would say on the lower to midrange of "moderate" usage, mostly data and not much voice usage.

Hope this helps...!

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

You can also use Y5 (in market) to auto enable you wifi when you get home. I have a 2150 and 3500 on my Incredible and can go DAYS with either one.

Could really help on smaller batteries too... 24+ hours probably.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by khrisCHRIScris View Post
    I gotta disagree. I got an extended battery and HATED it because it literally turned my Incredible into a cinder block. it was bigger, heavier.... just don't do it. now I have 2 1700's and they work just fine. they also sell a dock on here that allows you to charge both pretty easily
    See, and that's kind of what I'm afraid of. And I also just bought a new white battery door cover for it. Although, I feel like as much as I play Angry Birds at work, I should have an extended battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Incredible View Post
    Get the 1800 HTC Express batteries. They sell them on amazon. 2 batteries and a wall charger for $40. Well worth the money. I have been using mine for 3 months now and get 12hrs use out of them. Thats because I actually use my phone for calls and text a lot. Good thing about it I always have a spare battery in my pocket.
    Now that sounds like a deal I'm looking for. I was hesitant because of the non-OEM factor of the 3x1500 deal. Now are these 1800mAh express batteries able to retrofit the OEM 1300? Or is it one of those 1mm thicker batteries that are going to not make my battery door sit flush?

Quote Originally Posted by rugbyua9 View Post
    Could really help on smaller batteries too... 24+ hours probably.
    Yeah, that's all I'm really concerned with. I'm not a person that is like,"OMGZZ MEH BATTERIEZ MUST LAST 4 MUNNNTHHHSSSS!!11".. All that matters to me is, I want to make it through the day from 8:30AM, to work (inside a concrete office with little reception - aka drainage), and home or where ever else after work. I don't mind tossing my device on a charger while I sleep.

If you're sitting in an office all day, why not buy an extra charging cable and use it at your desk?
    Slink
    Follow me on Twitter!

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyWiz RLS13

Quote Originally Posted by doomsjay View Post
    I got two of the no name 1500mAh + a similiar charger for $10 about three months ago. They were shipped to me from Hong Kong at no additional shipping cost.

I'll confirm that they definitely work with a slight increase in battery life. I usually just keep one of them in my phone and the other in my bag just in case.
    +1 for knock-off batteries from Hong Kong. Can't go wrong for $10.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    See, and that's kind of what I'm afraid of. And I also just bought a new white battery door cover for it. Although, I feel like as much as I play Angry Birds at work, I should have an extended battery.

Now that sounds like a deal I'm looking for. I was hesitant because of the non-OEM factor of the 3x1500 deal. Now are these 1800mAh express batteries able to retrofit the OEM 1300? Or is it one of those 1mm thicker batteries that are going to not make my battery door sit flush?

Yeah, that's all I'm really concerned with. I'm not a person that is like,"OMGZZ MEH BATTERIEZ MUST LAST 4 MUNNNTHHHSSSS!!11".. All that matters to me is, I want to make it through the day from 8:30AM, to work (inside a concrete office with little reception - aka drainage), and home or where ever else after work. I don't mind tossing my device on a charger while I sleep.
    The battery door will still snap closed flush. Its just a tad bit tighter but snaps together good.
    Custom User Title

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by khrisCHRIScris View Post
    Nit-pick time: It figuratively turned your phone into a cinder block, not literally.

I have a 2250 battery. It is bulkier, but I really don't care. Typically, I charge it from 6pm-9pm, with 2 bumps in there. I can last the next 21 hours. I am a fairly heavy user while at work, with tweetdeck check ins and listening to mp3s. The slim form factor is nice, but I don't think the 2250 is overly bulky.

It's all preference. Some people hate the bigger batteries, some people think there is a lot of over reacting. Only you (OP) can decide if you care about the extra bulk or not.
    Please use the Thanks button below and to the right.

I would stick with oem 1500 batteries. The 1800 batteries are not oem and I don't think it lasts any longer than my 1300 battery.

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock IMM76D

You're wrong about that. I have the 1800mAh and it does last longer. Obviously you haven't tried one. Why make a comment if you have no hands on experience?
    Incredible
    Thunderbolt
    Nexus S 4G

If I've helped in any way, feel free to hit Thanks.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Quote Originally Posted by BSG75 View Post
    Nit-pick time: It figuratively turned your phone into a cinder block, not literally.

I have a 2250 battery. It is bulkier, but I really don't care. Typically, I charge it from 6pm-9pm, with 2 bumps in there. I can last the next 21 hours. I am a fairly heavy user while at work, with tweetdeck check ins and listening to mp3s. The slim form factor is nice, but I don't think the 2250 is overly bulky.

It's all preference. Some people hate the bigger batteries, some people think there is a lot of over reacting. Only you (OP) can decide if you care about the extra bulk or not.
    I agree, if the phone is a tool, then you want the most functionality out of the tool that you can get. If it's a fashion statement... ask any woman who has worn high heels what people endure for fashion!

Seriously its about what priorities are important to you the user.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

Quote Originally Posted by bdragon View Post
    You're wrong about that. I have the 1800mAh and it does last longer. Obviously you haven't tried one. Why make a comment if you have no hands on experience?
    I have the battery. I wouldn't have commented if I didn't have. Your mileage may very.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by doomsjay View Post

We have three Incredibles now and about 6 of those batteries and 3 chargers. I always have a few of the batteries with me in case my sons or I run out but we rarely need them.

I have to use them when I travel but mostly I just like having them "just in case".

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sideload App Method

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    I have the 1800 mAh from HTC Express and the wall charger. I am getting 12-15 hours depending on the use. I am pleased and the fact the battery is slim and can use stock battery cover. I don't like extra weight on my device. Besides what the Incredible does, I like the size and the light feel of it. I have two batteries and a wall charger and am pleased with them.
    i get the same battery life as you with the bidallies 1500 battery. just got my 1800 HTC express battery today so im hoping to get 15-18 hrs from this
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Now I just want to be sure. With these 1800mAh HTC Express batteries, EVEN THOUGH they say designed for the EVO 4G, they'll retrofit the OEM Incredible battery, and my new white OEM battery door won't be a poppin and a squeakin right?

it will work just fine. The EVO 4G and Incredible use the exact same battery. Your battery do will not squeak.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Okay so i did the 1800mAh HTC express battery with the wall charger. They had free two-day shipping too. So it was definitely time to pull the trigger on that. Now for a ZAGG..

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sideload App Method

The 1500 HTC one that makes the door not shut was designed for another phone before the incredible came out. The HTC express are made to the size of the stock 1350 with bigger cells. I just got mine in the mail I just started using it and usually from checking my email and my phone loading up drops.me.from 100% to the mid 90's and I'm still at 100 so that's a good sign ill post updates

ROM
    OEM Unlock + Root

i may have to try this, anybody have a link?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast