Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help... accidentally deleted contacts

So I was trying to get rid of a Low on Space warning/error message and I accidentally deleted all of my contacts from the Contacts Storage.

How can I get them back??? H
    Thanked by:
    Where's the juice again?

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If the Verizon back up app hasn't automatically backed up your contacts AFTER you deleted them, just restore them.

Go to Settings > Accounts & Sync

Hitting either the sync now will either back up what you currently have (which is nothing) and rewrite over your contacts, (meaning both Verizon's back up of your contacts will be gone and you cant restore them via Verizon. Which means you would lose them permanently.) OR it will pull the back up from Verizon and apply it to your phone. I don't know which one it does.

Call Verizon and see if they can do it for you, just to be on the safe side.

This may help you:
    How to Use Guide: Backup Assistant<sup><small>SM</small></sup>
    Feel free to private message me at any time! I enjoy getting private messages.

The OP didn't even say what carrier she is with. if with Verizon, the back-up assistant should work, or try to sync from the google account. If you have the back-up assistant, it will be on the PC as well on her Verizon account....provided she is with Verizon

ROM
    Stock

Being a Droid Incredible, it would have to be Verizon.

If you cant get the download to work, go into the Verizon store. The back-up assistant stores the files on Verizon's servers. They can help if you can't get it to download.
    "Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.

My bad thought it was under just the new posts I wasn't thinking.

Default Re: Help... I accidentally deleted my contact list

Hi
    I was making some room on my phone as my memory was full. I have an Sony Ericsson xperia hd (two years old nearly)
    I have accidentally deletedt my contact list, and I only had one contact remaining,
    I stil had my sent messages (numbers with no names butched to them) so tried to re-save my contactsto my phone, I thought this would work but none have saved.
    Tried to re-save numbers to my contacts list, to my phone which is how I usually
    savethen but this wont work either!!!
    Thankyou
    Claire
    If you could give me any advice/help I would be extremely greatful

Default Re: Help... accidentally deleted contacts

Mostly phone memory and SIM card memory are used to store contact phone number, text and multimedia messages. I also met the same question like yours, I used Android data recovery program. The Android Data Recovery program will assist you to recover deleted contacts on Android. With the powerful tool, you can recover deleted text messages, contacts, photos, videos and so on from Android devices. Good things must be shared then it will be more valuable.