Phone keeps restarting
11-06-2013 09:39 AM
- Ok so heres the problem, my phone keeps restarting at random times of the day/night and I have no clue what is causing it to restart. I did a factory data reset back in December and everything was good for about a week or two then it started back. So three weeks ago I went to Verizon and told them about te problem and they sent me a new DInc because they thought it was a hardware issue. Well now with the new phone It has started doing it again??! Im beginning to think its a problem with something I have downloaded, or would something on my SD card be causing this? I do not have many apps on this phone yet. Has anyone else ever seen this problem?02-13-2011 10:05 AM
- Something you have downloaded could definitely do this. I have heard of task killers creating this problem (though not always), so if you have one installed, remove it. See if that makes a difference.
You can also try this: go back to stock with a factory reset. Load only those apps you REALLY need - as few as possible.
If it starts again, then start killing apps one by one until you have no extras left or the phone stops restarting.02-13-2011 11:33 AM
- I had that issue but since I restart the phone every day no issue. I thought it was my 3500 battery since they don't fit snug. I put in the oem battery back in and it stopped since I had to turn it off when charge every night. I now just turn off the phone or restart. I also added some electrical tape to secure the bigger battery.
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk02-15-2011 08:07 AM
- I have this issue too and I've now done two resets to try to fix the issue. The first time, I kept my SD card in after the reset and the reboots started right away. Last night when I did the second reset, I unmounted the SD card and took it out before hand, then did the reset and still have not put it back in. So far, I am reboot free. It seems to only happen to me when surfing the web on 3G and last night I put it through its paces and couldn't get it to reboot. I'm going to test it for a few more days, then put the SD card back in and see what happens. If it starts rebooting, then I'll do another reset and get a new SD card.02-16-2011 03:31 PM
- Today was the worse day of the re-booting issue. It's not a battery issue ,trust me im using 3 different ones. Today I was texting for two min when the re-booting started. Battery pulls and letting it sit for 30 to 40 min. didn't make a difference. Apps are not the issue. Verizon tech admiited it's an issue but will not say what is causing it. There now waving my new every two and said I can do an early upgrade on a different phone , of course with a two year commitment. I have another incredible coming tomorrow to give another try, demanded a new model , no refurb. I will try this replacement and go with the Bolt in a couple of weeks if this one doesn't pan out. NUTS!02-16-2011 04:08 PM
- Mine started rebooting again yesterday, so it's not the SD card. Called Verizon tech support this morning and they are shipping me out a replacement phone and battery. The level 2 support person I talked to seemed to be aware of this issue and said that they have to replace the battery as well (which I've read in other posts is not always the case). Hopefully this new one will work.02-17-2011 11:23 AM
- Have you done basic app diagnostics, uninstalling all market apps and re-installing one or two a day? If it's an app at least you will have it narrowed down to two or four at the worst to uninstall and test again.
If not give this a shot - it may be an app or hardware but if it reboots with no market apps installed then I think you can narrow it down to hardware.
Just a thought. I know it's a tedious process but if it's an app you will never find it by loading everything back every time.02-17-2011 12:51 PM
- Not sure if you're responding to me or, but yeah, after the second reset I did on Tuesday I didn't install any apps and every time I try to go online over 3G the phone reboots after 3-5 minutes (surfing on WiFi is fine though). Plus today while I was on the phone with Verizon gettin them to ship me out a replacement, the phone rebooted during the call. That was pretty awesome.02-17-2011 01:26 PM
- I just received my third replacement because of the constant rebooting. Guess what? Another lemon and I give up, it's definitely related to the processor on these phones, no apps loaded, tried different batteries all stock, no sd card inserted. If I'm doing anything for 10 min. straight it just starts rebooting. Verizon has offered to move me up to my new every two. I really like the phone but I think HTC just pushes out crap to fast, very unstable, just view all the forums. I need something stable, can't take it anymore. I'm going to give Apple a try even though it's a little outdated, it's more stable. When HTC gets there crap together I'll give them another try down the road.02-18-2011 05:20 PM
- Wow thanks for the insight guys, It seems like many of you are having the same problems as me. I am on my 3rd phone currently (2nd refurb). I have tried taking the SD card out as well and it still happens. When I went to Verizon the lady also told me that she had never heard of it. My contract is up in March so I may switch phones.
EDIT: I am also unrooted02-21-2011 01:03 PM
- I have been having this happen for a while. Every day? No but enough to be annoying. I have felt it was heat related, as most of the time, it's warm when it happens. I will go along fine but go play angry birds and after 5 or 8 minutes, bang, reboot loop. But if the phone is cooler, I can play for a long time. Surfing web, same thing. I think it's somehow related to heat. I have not gone in to have it replace, kind of feel by reading all this that it will just keep happening. Maybe I should try though.02-21-2011 02:21 PM
- I have been having this happen for a while. Every day? No but enough to be annoying. I have felt it was heat related, as most of the time, it's warm when it happens. I will go along fine but go play angry birds and after 5 or 8 minutes, bang, reboot loop. But if the phone is cooler, I can play for a long time. Surfing web, same thing. I think it's somehow related to heat. I have not gone in to have it replace, kind of feel by reading all this that it will just keep happening. Maybe I should try though.02-21-2011 04:29 PM
- Thought about that but the battery isn't getting excessively hot. I think it's some internal component getting hot. It's just the ambient temperature I was referring too (I thought jpoutre was too but may be wrong).
I've read about others with the reboot problem trying another battery but it didn't fix the problem.02-22-2011 12:23 PM
- HTC Android Phones
- More HTC Phones
- Droid Incredible Series
- Verizon Droid Incredible
Phone keeps restarting
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD