DibDab

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering about the Skype on the Inc. I read on the Skype website that it only works over Wifi? Is that true? And could I Skype in the mirror with it? Just weighing my options right now.

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
There are actually two versions of Skype, I believe. The Verizon one, which only works on 3G, and the Android one, which only works on WiFi. Yeah, it's a mess.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
The Verizon version works over 3G AND Wifi (at least it does for me). I believe this works even for stock users.

I was running Skyraider and am now on CM7.

DibDab

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks ya'll. Ugh... My brother is law is in England. We use skype on computer to talk to him often. Figured it'd be sweet for my husband to be able to skype with him when he's on the road. Which is a lot. I want the TB but worried about the size of it being too bulky for me. And Skype on it is only over 4g (which we do have here at home) or wifi. Decisions decisions!

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
u can get the skype 3g hack app here

It wont work on 3g because it has to detect the verizon network. The one from the market place will use wifi though from what I understand if you are not on Verizon.

I use Verizon so I don't really have a problem with skype.

Berry-well

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Recently got back from England visiting my dad over the holiday; did not have SKYPE prior to going and wished it was accessible before I went but it wasn't. Got back In January and downloaded it to my PC to keep in touch with family etc. However, with the new 'Froyo' push I was was one of the lucky ones or unlucky depending how you look at it, that got the update before Sprint shut it down to fix bugs. I did have a few issues, like losing a couple of apps and my voice data for synthesis. However, one of the positives I was able to finally download SKYPE and used it today for the first time and called my dad cool.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12