3G Mobile Hotspot issues

RJ McKenzie

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

Does anyone have issues with the 3G Mobile Hotspot on the HTC Droid Incredible? I have issues where after your turn on Hotspot and connect your device the internet connection will go down, and then will only come back after I turn off WiFi on the device. On the Incredible the "3G" disappears and then reappears and in the notification bar it will flash again that the Hotspot is active. Am I the only one or is this a known issue.

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So you can't actually tether other devices to your phone, then?

I've never used the app since I'm not willing to pay the $20 tethering fee. If your phone is rooted, you can find the "wireless tether" app which may not have the same problem (and requires no extra fee to use).

RJ McKenzie

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I can tether my laptop to the Incredible. But at random times the 3G connection will go off and back on. I don't think it is a signal issue as when it was happening I had 3 of 4 bars. To get my laptop to reconnect I have to disable my WiFi on the laptop and then enable it again. Not a major issue, just a pain in the butt.

On a side note, yeah I know about the Wireless Tether for root users. I've used it in the past, but I don't like rooting my phone. I've had to many issues with this phone and have had it replaced 4 times so far. If I could exchange it in for a different device I would.