transferring songs to incredible

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
1) Create directory on SD Card called Media

2) Inside the media folder, create folders for music, video, ringtones, what have you.

3) Connect phone to computer, select use as hard drive.

4) Find the drive with your media directory (the phone will load 3 drives, the SD Card, the internal storage and the @#$@$#$ VCast CDROM loader)

5) Open the Music folder on the SD Card

6) Copy you music from your computer and paste into the music folder on the SD Card.

7) Done!

Be sure you un-mount the phone from the computer before you disconnect it and then disconnect the phone. The music player will automatically find the music you put into the music folder.

I’m not trying to be silly spelling it out in baby steps. This question get’s asked all the time and I’m hoping that it will get picked up easier in the search if it’s laid out like this.

Happy Listening!

Reactions: Hitch_Itch

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Or you can use Winamp, which does a wireless sync of your music. You need winamp on both your computer and the (free) app on your phone. Make sure your computer and phone are connected to the same wifi network (if your computer is ethernet connected, that's fine), open the winamp app on your phone, then go to the "devices" section on the left side of winamp on your computer. It should detect your phone. From there, you can choose to send tracks to your phone.

Chondog

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Another solution for those who have their mp3's in their itunes library, is to use iSyncr. You select the itunes playlists that contain the songs you want transferred to your phone and hit sync. It's very fast and reliable. They have a wireless option too.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
There are so many different ways to transfer music. It has definitely been a frustrating and learning exp for me. I wish it was as easy as it was on BB but I still prefer my INC over BB.

Lurex

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
What about if the Itunes music you are trying to move to your phone have DRM (Digital Rights Managment) on them? They won't move over to the phone unless you strip the DRM. Can anyone shed some light on this?

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
What about if the Itunes music you are trying to move to your phone have DRM (Digital Rights Managment) on them? They won't move over to the phone unless you strip the DRM. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Copying them over is not the problem. Getting them to play is the problem. If you have DRMed iTunes music, the best bet is to burn them all to a music disc, then rip them back as high quality MP3s. That's why I never bought a song from iTunes.

I know a lot of people call the Amazon mp3 store "bloatware" but I have used it a lot. It's pretty great.

If you want an iTunes to Android app, for free, I will be adding that to my mdSync app on my site. Right now it does Winamp -> Android, and preserves embedded album, which is something the default Winamp sync tool does not do.

http://mikedepaul.com/Articles.aspx?artID=101

I plan on adding iTunes -> Android support this weekend.

It will NOT copy over non-embedded album art, but you can embed album art manually in iTunes pretty easily.

Hitch_Itch

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
1) Create directory on SD Card called Media

2) Inside the media folder, create folders for music, video, ringtones, what have you.

3) Connect phone to computer, select use as hard drive.

4) Find the drive with your media directory (the phone will load 3 drives, the SD Card, the internal storage and the @#$@$#$ VCast CDROM loader)

5) Open the Music folder on the SD Card

6) Copy you music from your computer and paste into the music folder on the SD Card.

7) Done!

Be sure you un-mount the phone from the computer before you disconnect it and then disconnect the phone. The music player will automatically find the music you put into the music folder.

I?m not trying to be silly spelling it out in baby steps. This question get?s asked all the time and I?m hoping that it will get picked up easier in the search if it?s laid out like this.

Happy Listening!

I like doing things myself, rather then using a program to possibly f#$% it all up. even tho that is rare for the most part.
I always been a windows guy and doing it this is most natural to me.
Good wright up
Thanks
Ken

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech