1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default transferring songs to incredible

I have many mp3's on my desktop that I want to transfer to my incredible to play through earbuds. Can you please give me step by step instructions. thanks

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

1) Create directory on SD Card called Media

2) Inside the media folder, create folders for music, video, ringtones, what have you.

3) Connect phone to computer, select use as hard drive.

4) Find the drive with your media directory (the phone will load 3 drives, the SD Card, the internal storage and the @#$@$#$ VCast CDROM loader)

5) Open the Music folder on the SD Card

6) Copy you music from your computer and paste into the music folder on the SD Card.

7) Done!

Be sure you un-mount the phone from the computer before you disconnect it and then disconnect the phone. The music player will automatically find the music you put into the music folder.

I’m not trying to be silly spelling it out in baby steps. This question get’s asked all the time and I’m hoping that it will get picked up easier in the search if it’s laid out like this.

Happy Listening!
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
    Thanked by:

You could also use and just stream them from your PC instead of transferring the files.

ROM
    Stock (for now)

Or you can use Winamp, which does a wireless sync of your music. You need winamp on both your computer and the (free) app on your phone. Make sure your computer and phone are connected to the same wifi network (if your computer is ethernet connected, that's fine), open the winamp app on your phone, then go to the "devices" section on the left side of winamp on your computer. It should detect your phone. From there, you can choose to send tracks to your phone.

Another solution for those who have their mp3's in their itunes library, is to use iSyncr. You select the itunes playlists that contain the songs you want transferred to your phone and hit sync. It's very fast and reliable. They have a wireless option too.

+1 on ISyncr. It does album art automatically which is a huge pain with iTunes music users.

There are so many different ways to transfer music. It has definitely been a frustrating and learning exp for me. I wish it was as easy as it was on BB but I still prefer my INC over BB.

What about if the Itunes music you are trying to move to your phone have DRM (Digital Rights Managment) on them? They won't move over to the phone unless you strip the DRM. Can anyone shed some light on this?
    Custom User Title

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Lurex View Post
    What about if the Itunes music you are trying to move to your phone have DRM (Digital Rights Managment) on them? They won't move over to the phone unless you strip the DRM. Can anyone shed some light on this?
    Copying them over is not the problem. Getting them to play is the problem. If you have DRMed iTunes music, the best bet is to burn them all to a music disc, then rip them back as high quality MP3s. That's why I never bought a song from iTunes.

I know a lot of people call the Amazon mp3 store "bloatware" but I have used it a lot. It's pretty great.

If you want an iTunes to Android app, for free, I will be adding that to my mdSync app on my site. Right now it does Winamp -> Android, and preserves embedded album, which is something the default Winamp sync tool does not do.

I plan on adding iTunes -> Android support this weekend.

It will NOT copy over non-embedded album art, but .
    Please use the Thanks button below and to the right.

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nils Business GingerSense

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    1) Create directory on SD Card called Media

2) Inside the media folder, create folders for music, video, ringtones, what have you.

3) Connect phone to computer, select use as hard drive.

4) Find the drive with your media directory (the phone will load 3 drives, the SD Card, the internal storage and the @#$@$#$ VCast CDROM loader)

5) Open the Music folder on the SD Card

6) Copy you music from your computer and paste into the music folder on the SD Card.

7) Done!

Be sure you un-mount the phone from the computer before you disconnect it and then disconnect the phone. The music player will automatically find the music you put into the music folder.

Iím not trying to be silly spelling it out in baby steps. This question getís asked all the time and Iím hoping that it will get picked up easier in the search if itís laid out like this.

Happy Listening!

I like doing things myself, rather then using a program to possibly f#$% it all up. even tho that is rare for the most part.
    I always been a windows guy and doing it this is most natural to me.
    Good wright up
    Thanks
    Ken