Using Wifi kills my other wifi connections
01-15-2014 07:34 AM
- I couldn't seem to find anyone else on the Internet who was having this problem, but surely someone out there can give me an idea on how to fix this problem.
I have a D-Link DIR-615 RevB router. I run my laptop, Xbox 360, and PS3 through this router on a regular basis. My brother also has an Xbox 360 and my parents have a laptop. These are not all ever running at once and I have never really experienced any connectivity problems with them...
...Until I got my Droid Incredible a little while back. It never fails- If I use wifi on my phone, within about 20 minutes, my other devices will lose their Internet connection. They remain connected to the network, they just don't have access to the Internet.
To fix the issue I always just reset my router. It is a pretty painless fix, but if there is someway I can get around the issue, I would really appreciate the help. I think it has to be something with the phone since it only occurs when I use the wifi on it.
Thanks for reading!02-20-2011 10:24 PM
EDIT: I couldn't find anything about channels on any of the settings pages.02-21-2011 06:22 PM
- There is an app that you can download from the market that scans wifi channels... this way you can decide what channel is the best for your wifi connection without any interference. Its called WiFi Analyzer.
https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result02-22-2011 07:50 AMLike 1
- This seems like some kind of crazy incompatibility between the DInc and certain wireless routers. I have an Apple Time Capsule and I have never had any issues with connecting to it. As a permanent solution you may have to look for another router unless rugbyua9's apps recommendation works out.02-22-2011 08:12 AM
- I downloaded the app and quickly found out that the majority of my neighbors are on channel 1 and so was I. I figured out how to change the channel on my router and did. Initially, this seems to be fixing the problem, but I will update after more testing and let you guys know what happens. Thanks for all the input!02-23-2011 01:47 AM
- I have the same problem, I was using a old linksys g router for years, never had a problem with dinc connected while other laptops surf the net.
about a month ago i went and bought a Belkin n router and now every time I have dinc on wifi it drops out the laptops. I live way in the woods, no neighbors to interfear, my cordless phone doesn't ring and knock it out.
As soon as i connect dinc to wifi, my laptop drops, every time. I reconnected my old lynksys and everything is good again.
I thought I just bought a $90 piece of crap router. Maybe its not the router, maybe dinc doesn't play nice w/ some routers.
So my new router is collecting dust in the closet.02-23-2011 08:22 AM
- Okay, update time. I am happy to say that since switching channels, my Internet connection seems to have picked up a bit (not that it was bad to start with). On the downside, my original problem is still occurring.
I don't have a link, and I can't remember what the app was, but a couple of days ago I was reading an app description on the market. It said something about how HTC devices may not work because some of them have a bad wifi driver. Has anyone else ever heard anything about that? I guess that would make sense of this issue.02-23-2011 11:46 AM
- Wow! I'm so glad this thread was started. All of a sudden I have been having the same exact problem intermittenly with my computer, HTPC, and laptop. I'm getting sick of having to reset my router to fix it and I was convinced that I was just going to have to break down and buy a new router.
But after reading this and thinking about it, I realize it has only been happening when I use the wifi on my Incredible. It never even occured to me that the two could be related.
BTW, my router is a Linksys WRT54GL. It may still be a router issue for me since it's about 5 years old and it just started happening 2 weeks ago and I've been using my DINC on it since May with no issue. I did just hook up the HTPC 2 weeks ago, so maybe there is a problem there, but it still only happens after I've connected my DINC to wifi.02-23-2011 12:51 PM
- I know this is an older thread, but I will add my $.02. I have a trednet TEW 633GR N router that also gets killed after about 20 minutes of steady streaming from my dinc. A reset of teh router and its all good. If I am not steadily drawing bits the router is fine for hours, but if I start streaming pandora etc like clockwork after 20 minutes all connectivity is lost. I can't even get to the router settings page. I have updated the firmware in the router (its about 2 years old) and as well have run several different ROMs on my dinc. The problem continues with no solution.06-21-2011 06:10 PM
- I've been having this exact same problem ever since I got my new phone a couple of weeks ago. I'm using an Xperia Play and a Belkin wireless router. The router never gave me any real trouble before, but whenever I use my phone's WiFi for a while, it drops the wireless connection for every device on the network (Windows 7 PC and PlayStation 3). The computer still claims to be connected to the network, but I cannot even ping the router. A power cycle on the routed fixes things, it it's incredibly annoying to have to do that every time I want to use WiFi on my Phone.
Please note that I have ruled out the possibility of an IP conflict, because both my PC and my PS3 have static IP addresses outside my router's DHCP assignment range.
Has anybody got a clue what could be causing this?07-07-2011 10:55 PM
I have a FIOS VERIZON at home and just purchased the newest ROUTER from Verizon and everything is completely screwed up.
Even with my older Router, the problem you all described had happened, but not as bad.
I tried everything, reset router several times, changed its default WPA2 to WEP, reset ALL MY wireless devices and guess what...
I recall having this issue becoming worse after I installed a new telephone set (base) with 3 cordless extensions from ATT into my network; would that have anything to do with it?
My wireless cameras are no longer working, my laptop no longer connects, even though it is fully connected with limited connectivity, so no internet...and so on.
I read about channels, but I would like someone to help me understand what and where should I look at the channel! is it in my router? would that be in the router configuration? or my new telephone?
I appreciate an advice.
Luiz01-15-2014 07:34 AM
- HTC Android Phones
- More HTC Phones
- Droid Incredible Series
- Verizon Droid Incredible
Using Wifi kills my other wifi connections
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD