lost all my sms messages

rpscott02

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
At some point last nite all my text messages. Maybe its related to me downloading handcent sms a few days ago but not sure why that would happen. anyone else experience this?

tzoller

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Use app Backup Everything.
Works like a charm. My DINC is being replaced today due to overheating and random restarts. Have used Backup Everything to restore after numerous factory resets ,,,

utahg8r

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I had this just randomly happen with mine the other day, it even wiped the ones that I had locked, I don't know why. It was weird.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This hasn't happened to me recently, but twice in the time that I've had the phone (since last July), it's just randomly and without warning obliterated all of my SMS messages, leaving me with a completely empty inbox.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Use app Backup Everything.
Works like a charm. My DINC is being replaced today due to overheating and random restarts. Have used Backup Everything to restore after numerous factory resets ,,,

Do I have to be rooted?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
you can get sms backup + app, that works nicely and i think you have the option to back them up to sd card or to gmail account.

there's another app called... sms backup and restore. think it does the same thing or only backs up to gmail.

edit

and backup everything does not require root.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
do you have the delete old messages setting turned on? how many sms messages were there in each conversation? 200 400 800?

if there were copious amounts of sms messages your phone may have deleted them to free up necessary system memory. if this is not the case and you have delete old messages turned on or there weren't that many messages per thread...i don't know what it is. i've never had this problem on any of my androids. and never on my Inc specifically

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois