Does anyone else's phone do this

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Alright so this has only happend to me twice but im still going to bring it up cause it seems kinda serious SOmetimes when i charge my phone overnight i wake up to it not charged at all and EXTREMELY hot does this happen to anyone else i ussually pull out my battery and let my phone cool down and its all good but this doesnt seem right

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I've occasionally had it where I've plugged it in and had it charging before I go to bed with the orange light on. Then wake up the next day and find the orange light not being on and for some reason the battery not fully charged. (I don't get a orange or green light I get nothing.)

I just plug it in again and it continues to charge with no problems.

It very rarely happens and it doesn't get hot at all during the charging process for me.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, from my experience with it, when you charge the phone, it doesn't keep charging just because it's still plugged in. Once the battery is fully charged, it stops pulling electricity from the plug and starts using the battery immediately. As far as the battery getting hot, that has never happened to me and sounds like a hardware problem. How often does this happen? If it is often, get the phone checked out.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
@Jaredshoes - I would try a new USB Charger - It could have gone wonky with a power surge or something. If it still happens, try a different battery. If it still happens, you probably want to look at Insurance. The phone should not get that hot during charging.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Are you running any apps during the night that are heavy battery users, like GPS or streaming music? I had it happen once in the car where I had it charging and running GPS and XM all at the same time. After about 20 minutes, the amber light started flashing and the battery temp was around 125F. Since then I'll either run GPS or XM, but not both at the same time.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Your phone has a one year mfg warranty on it. I would take it to Verizon and have it checked out. They have to duplicate the problem for you to get a replacement or if you can, if it is running hot....get it to the store while it is still running hot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1