Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Free/Discounted thunderbolt??? Droid incredible? How to go about this?

I have had 5 HTC incredibles since September, which have all been defected in one way or another. I am contacting HTC about being unsatisfied with the incredible.
    What should I tell them
    Should I call HTC or email them?
    And what do you think they will offer me? Like discounted thunderbolt, or new Droid incredible, or certified pre owned incredible?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

I'm not sure what they will offer you. If your just doing this to upgrade your phone without paying I think it's wrong. If you having that many problems with your dinc you just have bad luck I have had only 1 since the release and no problems. Verizon will only offer you an X or Droid 2 if anything.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyWiz RLS13

So he clearly has had bad luck and has had to deal with the inconvenience of swapping out five phones, and you think it is wrong that he seek some kind of compensation in the form of a discounted Bolt? I see nothing wrong with that, but I wouldn't approach HTC about it, rather Verizon. You'd have a much better chance if something went wrong with your current Incredible - so then you'd be coming in saying I need another replacement, and I'm so tired of swapping phones, I want something new. What can you offer me on the T-Bolt? instead of randomly saying I've had to swap this out five times and now I want a discounted Bolt. You should know what you want, like suggest "Can you sell me a Bolt for $100?". Don't expect them to offer you a discounted Bolt out of the blue, ask for it.
    Former Advisor

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts

If you do anything call, don't email. It's quicker and faster. But I doubt they will offer you a Bolt. HTC would prob offer another Inc or the Eris.

ROM
    Sense

i would not expect anything from verizon. prior to my droids, i had the original blackberry storm and had swapped it out 8 times within four months because the phone would receive text messages, but display them as blanks in the messaging thread. verizon would replace the phone each time i went it, could never isolate the problem.

i have a business account with them, paying almost $3,500 a month in services between blackberries, various cell phones, mobile broadband connections, international services for traveling employees, and more. i have been a customer with them since they were Bell Atlantic, and yet they would not compensate me an alternate phone of my choice. ultimately, i had to buy a new unit at full price because i was so sick of dealing with the issue.

i would be reluctant to press verizon for an upgrade. especially for a brand new phone that they could be making top dollar on. i personally think your best bet may be with HTC itself, pressing upon them that verizon has been unable to resolve the issue and that leads you to believe it is a problem with their product and not verizon's services.

if you are careful with your diction and truly reason your way through as to how they have no choice but to extend you something, you may be able to get it.

I think the OP has a valid issue complaint. I had numerous Blackberries and issue upon issue. I contacted RETENTION. I was contacted by a very nice retention rep who was most helpful. I have sold wireless in the past and I also didn't want them to think I was trying to take advantage. There are many people who do and for this reason, the fru was discontinued and also the 30 day trial was discontinued. The public will take advantage at any level and there has to be accountability.

I was allowed to have the Droid Incredible and it took a good month for me to get it. I don't think that was an unreasonable offer and I am very happy with the Incredible.
    I do think it is wrong for anyone to ask for a brand new device just released. It does make the person look like they are trying to just get a newer device. I do believe the OP has had issues with his Incredible phones. I have a brother who had issues and Verizon has let him get into the Droid X. He wanted the Incredible to be the right phone for him because he liked it, but his issues were huge and they were defective.

But for the OP to think he can have a new device just released isn't being
    realistic. I think if you can get the Droid X then I would accept it and be gracious about it. HTC isn't going to do anything about it. They will tell you to talk to Verizon. I would call Verizon and ask for Retention Dept and talk to the rep. I would also recommend to be polite and respectful. Don't have an attitude and be rude.

My brother is happy with the droid X and has not had any issues with it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts

Actually, I just got off the phone with verzion the other day. I've had my droid x swapped 3 times in the past two weeks for the same reason, and they're going to be shipping me a replacement thunderbolt this week. If you're a good customer and express how dissatisfied you are (politely, though!), they're pretty damn accomodating.

Quote Originally Posted by ajkohnrox View Post
    I have had 5 HTC incredibles since September, which have all been defected in one way or another. I am contacting HTC about being unsatisfied with the incredible.
    What should I tell them
    Should I call HTC or email them?
    And what do you think they will offer me? Like discounted thunderbolt, or new Droid incredible, or certified pre owned incredible?
    Give me a break - FIVE Inc replacments? Sorry, I don't believe they were all defective. The vast majority of people don't even get ONE defective phone. I think you're being too picky. Go buy an iPhone.
    Custom User Title

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by rosser View Post
    If you do anything call, don't email. It's quicker and faster. But I doubt they will offer you a Bolt. HTC would prob offer another Inc or the Eris.
    I disagree. In the past I have used Verizon's "Contact Us" form twice. Once about my POS Storm 1 and once about my wife's POS Storm 1. Each time they ended my contract months ahead of time so we could each upgrade to the Incredible. I had 6 Storm 1s and my wife had 3.

If you want the tbolt, see if they will end your contract and let you upgrade at the normal price.
    Please use the Thanks button below and to the right.

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

5 incredibles I believe it, a co worker had 3 of them and before that had 5 (phone prior to inc) started with an e. Verizon or 3rd party just tests them for basic functions and calls them certified.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    If I contribute something at all semi-useful please give me a thanks
    Note: I am not an expert, I just think I am
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,028 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

I had issues with four or five DINCS and was offered the DX but it turns out it was the battery that went bad so I had them swap it out.

Don't go through HTC. Go through Verizon but you probably will be offered an X or Fascinate.