Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidnc View Post
    Farm Frenzy is the free one for the day , lol .

Read the permissions before installing tho some reviewers complained about them .I havent installed .
    Farm Frenzy... lol!

ROM
    Stock/ ICS Rooted

I may use it for the free app of the day but am not impressed with it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plemelin View Post
    I may use it for the free app of the day but am not impressed with it.
    Overall, Your right on about this... I am not to impressed either... plus the fact that you Have to be signed in in order to even use the app you DL'd is stupid... what if you want to delete the app store app alltogether? then what?

Glad people are posting... the more the better... opinions can verymuch help people in the search for answers to questions...

EVERYBODY - Keep em comin'

Global Posts
    7,661 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

If you delete amazon store altogether the app wont work either

sent using TaPaTaLk

I dont really like the idea of having 2 app stores, it just confuses people. The app store itself is nice, but having 2 is just cumbersome.

I wont be using it. Don't have the need for it.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

I only see myself using it for the free app of the day.. and thats pretty much it.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

I def snagged SoundHound Full version today... Free instead of 5 bucks... had to get it Looks like amazon will be giving maybe 1 good app a week... looking forward to next week i quess

I don't know if their is any connection yet, but ever since I installed the Amazon App Store some of my other apps have been force closing like crazy. I have done cache wipes, etc. and nothing helps. Anyways I have uninstalled and will see if that helps. This is disappointing because I liked the free app of the day.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ssethv View Post
    I only see myself using it for the free app of the day.. and thats pretty much it.
    QFT!!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DINC View Post
    QFT!!
    QFT? What does that mean? it can only be good or bad, and seeing as how i have never even talked to you before, I assume it is good... jw.

-Via Tapatalk on my hINCm7
    Last edited by ssethv; 03-31-2011 at 08:01 AM.

Global Posts
    986 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock I don't root

I really like it.
    Send from my fingers, using a pencil and a piece of paper that someone faxed to someone who scanned it and then typed it on this forum using a TRS-80 Model 3.

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

I really dig the free app of the day, too. I typically swing by amazon once a day to see what the free app is. If I like it, I'll "purchase" it online. Then, I don't have to download stuff onto my phone until I need it.
    Give me enough time and I'll think of something clever...
    Thanked by:
    ssethv 

QFT? What does that mean? it can only be good or bad, and seeing as how i have never even talked to you before, I assume it is good... jw.

-Via Tapatalk on my hINCm7
    Quoted for truth is QFT

@Topic, I love fruit ninja, so free means awesome.
    Thanked by:
    ssethv 
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rpz3.14 View Post
    I really dig the free app of the day, too. I typically swing by amazon once a day to see what the free app is. If I like it, I'll "purchase" it online. Then, I don't have to download stuff onto my phone until I need it.
    Didn't know you could do that.. thanks for the tip dude see you in CM7 forum too

Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Atom on Nexus

So I've had it since day one, got my AB Rio and have been liking it ever since. It feels cleaner than the market and the free app every day has had me downloading apps I would have never thought to buy. The only issue I have seen so far is when I got the free version of Soundhound (I think that's what it's called) app brain (yes I have three app stores) didn't recognize it as being the full version.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Todays free APP is PicSayPro... I don't care much for amazons app store(read the fine print) but I do like getting a decent free app about once a week.

I downloaded it today. I like how there is a simulator. I don't buy a lot of apps. I do like the free app daily if you want that application .
    I think competition is good. Maybe android market will make some changes. I don't like how Google has refunds only in first 15 minutes. No one can make a judgement on how well it will work
    I also think when a user is reviewing an app the device they use should be mentioned in their review. I read the reviews. Helps with making a choice whether free or paid

That's a great app. A friend clued me into it and sent me a download. I love that app

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (for now)

I've had it since the start (to get Angry Birds RIO) and have liked it, especially the free paid app a day. My only issue so far is with my phone in order to install or update Angry Birds, my SD card has to be unmounted. Since the Amazone appstore downloads the apps to the SD card, I have to transfer them to the internal memory then use Astro to install them.

Again, I have only had this happen with Angry Birds (and its variants). Everything else so far has been great.
    Droid Incredible since June 2010
    Nexus 5 since March 2014
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by silentbobdrummer View Post
    I've had it since the start (to get Angry Birds RIO) and have liked it, especially the free paid app a day. My only issue so far is with my phone in order to install or update Angry Birds, my SD card has to be unmounted. Since the Amazone appstore downloads the apps to the SD card, I have to transfer them to the internal memory then use Astro to install them.

Again, I have only had this happen with Angry Birds (and its variants). Everything else so far has been great.
    uh... ive never had to do that to install an app from amazon...

is your phone Rooted?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (for now)

uh... ive never had to do that to install an app from amazon...

is your phone Rooted?
    No, my phone isn't rooted. Stock with Froyo.

For some reason it is only with Angry Birds. Even before the Amazon appstore, I had to unmount the SD card in order to install updates for Angry Birds from the Market. Every other apps installs and updates fine.
    Nexus 5 since March 2014
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by silentbobdrummer View Post
    No, my phone isn't rooted. Stock with Froyo.

For some reason it is only with Angry Birds. Even before the Amazon appstore, I had to unmount the SD card in order to install updates for Angry Birds from the Market. Every other apps installs and updates fine.
    Try this... a buddy with an evo had the same problems too...

Connect phone to your PC to open the SD card. cut the android_secure folder and paste it to your PC (in case you need to put it back). Your phone will recreate this folder. Disconnect from the PC and re-downloaded Angry Birds Rio. It should successfully install

This also resolved the issues he was having with numerous Market apps not installing unless he unmounted the SD card, which was a pain every time.

Apparently that android_secure folder can get corrupt and cause problems....

Hope this works for you!!!
    Thanked by:
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

PEW PEW is today's free app... Im not a gamer but had to get this one... it's old school, fast pace, easy on the battery, and FUN

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (for now)

Thanks, ssethv. I tried that and I'll have to see if it works on the next Angry Birds update.
    Nexus 5 since March 2014
Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast