New Amazon App Store->Ur Opinions wanted!!!
08-26-2015 10:14 AM
- 05-02-2011 07:44 PM
- I really like the Amazon Market App! Don't really see what people are worried about or why they may have problems with it, unless it's related to the type of phone, and since this is the Droid Incredible forum, everyone should have the same phone! Actually, I guess a lot of people have rooted their phones, so with a different ROM, etc., maybe that could explain some issues... I personally have not had a single problem with it!!
I really only downloaded it for the free app of the day, and that is all that I have ever used it for.
I heard about it when they were giving away AB Rio, so that's when I started. Sometimes I've forgotten to check to see what they are giving away that day, but no big deal...
I've mostly downloaded games to mess around with, but I've gotten a few others too.
So far, I have DL'd AB Rio, Fruit Ninja, Meteor, The Moron Test, Collapse, Tune-In Radio Pro, Grizzly Manor, Majesty, Business Calandar, Pool Break Pro, & Super Dynamite Fishing~
Probably the best one so far I would say has been Tune-In Radio Pro. This radio app is AWESOME!! WAY better than what came with the phone for sure! First of all, you don't need to have a headset plugged in to use it! I can even record programs and/or pause & resume live radio!! It can also be used as an alarm clock...
I liked that app so much, that since my Wife didn't have herself set up on Amazon yet, I decided to DL it and pay for it on my Wifes phone, and after that, her version that I paid for isn't NEARLY as good as the one I got for FREE!!
Anyway, I try to take a look every day @ what they are offering, and then I will look @ the reviews for that item before I decide if I will download it or not. I didn't DL that "Fancy Widgets" or whatever it's called, because I already bought and DL'd Beautiful Widgets from the Android Market.
Bottom line for me is this: Why not have it just to see what they give away for free?!? It doesn't take up much space, and I really don't see a downside to it...05-03-2011 12:18 PM
- I have the Market, Appstore and Appbrain. There are definitely disconnects when using multiple app markets. I think the biggest is that you obviously can't get updates from the market or appbrain for apps downloaded through the appstore. It can get confusing but I really try to stay more focused on productivity, social networking apps, and widgets over games so I don't have too many to manage.05-04-2011 09:47 AM
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk05-07-2011 10:21 AM
- 05-08-2011 09:03 AM
- 05-09-2011 05:19 PM
- 05-09-2011 06:28 PM
- Today's Free paid app is Air Control, marked down from $1.99. It's a puzzle game in which you control the path of planes taking off and landing in an airport by drawing lines on screen to create it's flight path. That is the simple fun of it. If you intertwine the lines, the planes will crash.05-10-2011 08:12 AMLike 1
- Today's Free paid app is Air Control, marked down from $1.99. It's a puzzle game in which you control the path of planes taking off and landing in an airport by drawing lines on screen to create it's flight path. That is the simple fun of it. If you intertwine the lines, the planes will crash.05-10-2011 10:05 AM
- Benefits to the store:
Free app a day (nice for test driving apps I wouldn't normally buy and can download and install later)
Easier to search for apps than the Market
Some restrictions for submitting apps which means a little less junk
Free app of the day is usually not something I want (today's is just a clone of Flight Control which was free recently too)
Have to go to Amazon store and the Market to check for updates
Can't remove apps in the My Apps section what I have downloaded before and just wanted to mess with but will never bother with again.05-10-2011 10:44 AM
- It's funny. Now that I have used this AppStore so often, the most useful apps I have downloaded are Fancy Widget Pro, Soundhound ∞ and Tune-In Pro. These are the apps I use the most since Amazon's AppStore gave them away. ssetv seems to be correct about the one GOOD app per week observation. I know of a friend who just engourged himself on free apps from the Store. Now he's had to uninstall some of them. He had too many!05-10-2011 11:52 PM
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk05-11-2011 09:59 AM
- HTC Android Phones
- More HTC Phones
- Droid Incredible Series
- Verizon Droid Incredible
New Amazon App Store->Ur Opinions wanted!!!
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD