New Amazon App Store->Ur Opinions wanted!!!
Just wondering if anyone Has tried out the new Amazon Appstore app on their Hinc yet? I have, and I think I might like it. They are also giving away an app a day too
Check it out... Amazon.com: Appstore for Android And sound off about it...
1: THE FINE PRINT (I would read it first before you "buy" an app) - http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_navbox_appstore?&nodeId=200551840
FYI - When buying an app, the 15 minute return window we get in the Android Market Place IS NOT the same as Amazon's test drive
_______________INFO YOU MAY NEED__________
If you are Unable to sign in with your Amazon app, it is prolly because you have flashed too many Roms and reinstalled the app over and over... well, last night I was unable to sign in to the app after flashing a new ROM. when I was trying to sign in on my amazon app I was getting an error message to try again later... WELL... after clearing everything and rebooting to no avail, I called amazon and found out that I had used up my allotted amount of "devices" that I can use the app on... basically, every time you use a different ROM and sign back into amazon, it is considered a new device... the dude on the phone was real cool and just cleared out all the past devices for me. now I am good as new.
You can also do it your self on the amazon app store website. sign in, then click on "Your Digital items" near the top right of the screen. then under Amazon Appstore for Android click on 'your apps and devices', then on the right side of the screen, click on 'Edit' for your device and remove alot of them... then you should be good to go... if you want you can also call them from you phone too...
Last edited by ssethv; 07-23-2011 at 10:12 AM. Reason: UPDATED 7/23/11
- 03-26-2011, 09:38 AM #2
- 03-26-2011, 10:07 AM #3
- 03-26-2011, 10:39 AM #4
- 03-26-2011, 10:45 AM #5
Managing Apps and Devices
You can manage your apps and the Android devices connected to your account on your computer or your Android device.
Manage Apps and Settings on Your Computer
From the Amazon Appstore home page, go to Your Apps & Devices.
* To view full details of an application, click the "+" button next to the title to show full details as well as a link to the application detail page.
* To add a device to your account, please download the Amazon Appstore app for Android to that device, and sign in to your account from it. That device will automatically be added to Your Devices. You can also go to www.amazon.com/Appstoreonmobile from your mobile browser to download the Amazon Appstore app for Android.
* To deregister a device, if you no longer want to use one of your devices to purchase apps from, simply hit the "Deregister" link next to the device. This will inhibit purchases from that device and your ability to access your apps from your device until you sign in to the Amazon Appstore app again.
Manage Apps and Settings on Your Device
Open the Amazon Appstore for Android application on your device. From the home screen, press the menu button and select My Apps.
* To view full details of an application, tap on the icon of any app in the list to get to the detail page of that app.
* To view all your apps, tap the "All" menu option to see all of your apps.
* To review an app, go to the detail page, and scroll down to the review section. Click on "Create your own review." You will be required to sign in to your Amazon account to create and submit a review.
* To share an application, go to the application detail page. Look for the share feature at the top underneath the green box on the right, click on the link and follow the instructions.
* To add a device to your account, download the Appstore for Android app to your device and sign in with your account. The phone will then be automatically registered to your account.
* To deregister a device, sign out from the settings screen in the Appstore for Android app. Find settings by tapping: (1) menu button, (2) more, (3) settings. Please note, if you deregister your device you will lose access to the apps that you've purchased from the Amazon Appstore.
* To adjust payment, connection and notification settings, press the menu button from the Amazon Appstore home screen and select Settings. From this page you can sign in, redeem a Gift Card, set your preferences regarding connection type (you can choose to use Wi-Fi when application file sizes exceed a certain limit) and notifications. If you'd like to change your 1-Click Settings, you will need to visit the Manage Addresses and 1-Click Settings page in Your Account from a computer.
Using Apps Purchased from Amazon Appstore
Once you've downloaded and installed your apps, you can find your apps listed alongside all of your other application purchased from other marketplaces. From the home screen of your device, press the press the Apps button to find a list of your application.
Because your application purchases are tied to your Amazon.com account, you will not be able to use apps if you have signed out from the Amazon Appstore. To use the apps that you've purchased, please sign back into your account on the Amazon Appstore app.
- 03-26-2011, 11:05 AM #7
I am now wondering how it will affect all of the people whom flash new ROMs alot (clearing Dcache and cache)... will it keep us signed in still and remember our passwords? I am guessing in a matter of weeks alot of people will love or hate amazon apps because this issue.
- 03-26-2011, 12:17 PM #9
Yes you can I downloaed a new nightly and had to readd some apps not in titanium by
And that was one and Rio came back just reloaded it
So yes it worked well really like the free a day app except I think they are more or less the same ones on MPthe free versions anyway still cool. Though
- 03-26-2011, 12:18 PM #10— Milo
← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
- Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
- Keyboards — Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
- iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
If this helped, please click ↓Thanks & Like↓
- 03-26-2011, 12:47 PM #12
- 03-27-2011, 12:05 AM #14
- 1,313 Posts
- TouchWiz/Android 4.1.2
I have used the Amazon AppStore everyday since it's release. And I have gotta tell you, it is really convenient. I do like the free paid app a day angle. This is what Amazon needs to do to ensure that they entice sales. I will be interested in checking the AppStore's sales after a month to see if they made a dent in the wallets of consumers. And when AT&T consumers are finally able to join in, we will see the real impact (if Apple doesn't sue Amazon for the words App Store).Don't Eat Yellow Snow!!!
- 03-27-2011, 09:38 AM #16
- 453 Posts
The Amazon App store looks really nice and I got my free full version of swiftkey yesterday. I decided to buy an app from them which went fine but realized afterwards that there are no refunds if you don't like it. Basically no trial period for any apps and it does state that all sales are final. Kind of a bummer but maybe down the road they will give a trial period.Rockin The Moto X
- 03-27-2011, 10:19 AM #17
I installed it yesterday, I have noticed some of there apps they are charging for are free in the market, it doesnt sink with you currently installed apps
I didnt like the idea that I had to setup a credit card for payment type even if I only intend to get free apps from there. They only except a credit card, no paypal or google check out.
Does this annoy anyone else or is it just me?
- 03-27-2011, 10:24 AM #18
- 03-27-2011, 10:29 AM #19
I didnt have to enter any credit card info with that game
Sounds like you had too?
I havent gotten any other free games just the free game of the day maybe thats why.
sent using TaPaTaLk
I spent a lot of time yesterday reading through the fine print. When Amazon says that there is a trial period It is not the same as a 15 minute window from the regular market place, it is a phone simulator that you download to your computer so you can see How the app will interact with 'a' phone. This was another reason why I Started this thread, it is good for people to do some research before they jump in head first...
I added a link to the fine print back on the OP... but here it is again http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_navbox_appstore?&nodeId=200551840
Thank you to everybody who has left feedback so far it will help others out a lot
Last edited by ssethv; 03-27-2011 at 11:20 AM. Reason: additions
- 03-27-2011, 04:47 PM #22
I used it the other day and got Angry birds.
I like the idea of the free daily app but need to remember to check back each day.
I didn't see the reviews of diner dash until after I downloaded.
I had to enter credit card info into my account just to get the free app, which I wasn't thrilled about but oh well.
Edit: Played the diner dash game for five minutes and then removed it. Not sure who would pay $5 for that game.
Last edited by socal; 03-28-2011 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Update
- 03-27-2011, 06:19 PM #23
- 03-28-2011, 06:25 AM #25