1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help. Phone downgraded on its own

Okay guys so I had my phone rooted but only to use Wifi tether. I know how to install Roms and all that but I didn't want to. So it was on 2.2 Rooted. I turned it off because of lack of service in the class I was in. I turned it face down on the case edges. Later I checked it and it was in the HBoot screen. Then it installed an update all on its own and at first I thought it just did a master reset on its own. I then was looking for my flashlight app and noticed it wasn't there. I checked for super user permissions and it was gone and then checked software and it is as follows:

Firmware: 2.1-update1
    Baseband version: 1.00.03.04.06
    Kernal Version: 2.6.29-cc1c2268 htc-kernal@and19-2 #1
    Build Number: 1.22.605.0 CL161493 release-keys
    Software number:1.22.605.0

I already attempted to just take the OTA from the website and use it. However may have I done something wrong (which is a possibility). Otherwise I am not sure what to do. If anybody could help me out it would be much appreciated.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Flash the PB31IMG.zip file from this site place it on the root of you SD card and load from HBOOT. It will take you back to Stock 2.2. You'll still be S-OFF so you can reroot with unrevoked and move on from there.

NOTE: Back up any app data you have and sync with appbrain to remember what apps you have because this will wipe everything but your SD card.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
    Thanked by:
    CDeuce 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Okay so if I am at the HBoot Screen where do i go to install said file? I can't seem to figure that part out.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

If the file is named PB31IMG.zip and it is in the root of the SD Card, HBOOT should see the file and prompt you to install it.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
    Thanked by:
    CDeuce 
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have it under that name but it doesn't seem to recognize it as anything. I may have a problem with that fact that I am using a Mac? Or could I be using the wrong kind of SD card? Or anything? I'm sitting in the HBOOT Screen. All i get up is

FastBoot
    Recovery
    Clear Storage
    Simlock

At the beginning when the screen first loads it it pops up with:
    SD Checking......
    Loading.... [PB31IMG.zip]
    No Image

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Make sure your SD card is formated as FAT-32 if you need to, copy everything off your SD card to your computer, format the card as FAT-32, recopy everything back and try again with the PB31IMG.zip in the root of the card.
    Thanked by:
    CDeuce 
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

take your battery out, take out the SD card and put it in your computer (if you have an adapter) ... then just simply drop PB31IMG.zip (from the link that Pville gave you) on to the card. take card out of comp and put it into your phone volume Down +Power button.... Should automatically recognize the new zip

Edit: what Pville said
    Thanked by:
    CDeuce 
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

If i can get it to work in the morning I will do just that. If I have any trouble I'll make another comment on here. Thanks guys
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

So I ended up trying it again tonight and still ended up with nothing. I can't seem to get it figured out. Any other thoughts? Ideas? Anything else you think would be necessary to know about the software build it is on now?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Alright guys we can scratch that last comment. Finally got that puppy running. Man my tech skills are low lol. Well lower than most on here

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Glad you got back to Froyo land!