Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how to move music/pictures to sd card

Please help. I have music and pictures on my phone and my storage is almost full and I have nothing saved on my SD card .... how the heck do I put these things on my card .... I can't figure this thing out

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Download a file manager from the market or plug the phone into your computer as a disk drive.

Create a folder on your SD card called Music.

Copy the music on your internal storage to the Music folder on your SD card.

Do the same thing for pictures. Create a Pictures folder on your SD card and copy and paste.

Once copied you can delete them off the internal storage, it’s that easy.

The Gallery and Music app will find the new folders.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the quick response ..... this is gonna take some playing with
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,053 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

It's easy to do.
    Just have your device on your computer mounted as a storage device.
    two letters will come up, one for your phone and one for the sd card.

Most media will be in the DCM folder on the phone.
    Just copy it from there onto a folder on your card.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks tony
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,053 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

No problem.
    I think it's actually the DCIM? Folder.

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    Download a file manager from the market or plug the phone into your computer as a disk drive.

Create a folder on your SD card called Music.

Copy the music on your internal storage to the Music folder on your SD card.

Do the same thing for pictures. Create a Pictures folder on your SD card and copy and paste.

Once copied you can delete them off the internal storage, its that easy.

The Gallery and Music app will find the new folders.
    I've tried the various file management apps and I also find it easiest to simply mount your device to your PC and locate the files you want to move and basically drag and drop. Make sure under picture and video settings that your default to is save to the SD card.

Default Re: how to move music/pictures to sd card

What if i dont have a computer? Am i just screwed?

Not screwed at all... Just open a file manager.. SD card will be listed under sdcard/ext_sd or sdcard/sdcard2

Ok im still bad with technology. Where do i find a file.manager?
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,053 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

There is the play store icon. Launch that and type file manager. A bunch will come up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks alot
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,053 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

No problem. Before root explorer I used astro but es is good too

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

i done transfer all my picture in gallery into sd card..but it save back to my internal memory when i taking new pictures..i have to manually move the new pictures to the folder in sd card everything i take new pictures. are there anyway that i can set the new pictures directly save into my sd card folder???

I Need Help How Do I Move My Photos and music to my sd card???

how do i save my pic and music to sd card

You can use Doubletwist for your music...

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

I tried downloading but it says insufficient storage. I checked the memory and it says I have about 300 mb left so I don't know what to do.

Remove an app or 2 and download a file manager. Your pictures are located in /storage/sdcard0/DCIM or /storage/sdcard1/DCIM. You need to transfer them to /External_SD/DCIM or /mnt/External_SD/DCIM. Not trying to hijack a thread but no one really explained where the files were located. Need to add that to help the ones like me that had to spend 20 mins and 2 restarts trying to figure out where things were.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

I have been trying to change the default directories on my Note 10.1, but the only one I can change is "Set Home Directory" which I have changed to /storage/extSdCard (I assume that the sdcard0 is internal storage and extSdCard is the external card). I cannot change the others (e.g. Set music directory) and these are all set to /storage/sdcard0/xxxxx.

I have run out of space three times now (16GB Note 10.1) and need to move music, pictures, etc... manually to the external SD Card or delete apps.

Any help would be great, thanks!

- Bob

Question Re: how to move music/pictures to sd card

Hi, I'm trying to follow these steps, but there doesn't seem to be a way for me to access the music I have stored on my phone through my computer. Am I missing a step somewhere? I have access to my SD card, and can create a new folder to put my music in, but I don't know how to access my internal storage, so that I can drag and drop the music. Tips?

1. choose 'My Files' on your phone menu.

2. choose 'All files'

3. Your Phone will show you 2 options - a) SDCard - which is phone memory card.
    b) ExtSdCard - which is d memory card you physically fix inside phone.

4. choose the SDcard, all the music. video files will come up. below left hand of phone, press to select all files you wanted
    to move.
    5. At the top right of phone, press it to show you sub-menu, if to copy or move. depending on your choice.

6. If you choose move or copy, it will then display to you another where to copy/move to or create a new file for it.

7. Then at right top of phone. choose paste it - to your require destination.

Then you are DONE. Only For Samsung Galaxy Note 1 0r 2 but l am sure it will also work for other phone with same way.

Any other option, is just a waste of time.

Thanks

My pictures they automatically saved to my sd card. But my ad card is out space so i want to replace it with the new sd card. But i dont know how to move all of the apps and pictures to my new sd card

What if when you go to my files on your phone and at the top out said sd card

Quote Originally Posted by NIKSTORM View Post
    Please help. I have music and pictures on my phone and my storage is almost full and I have nothing saved on my SD card .... how the heck do I put these things on my card .... I can't figure this thing out
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast