With Dinc at EOL, what do you buy instead?

gowild00

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I've had an Incredible since just after launch. Now my wife's contract with ATT is up (on an Iphone 3GS) and she wants to come to VZW. Can't find a Dinc so what do I get her instead?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You should upgrade to the thunderbolt and let your wife have the incredible! jk. sort of.

Fascinate is pretty good once it's rooted, and the droid x has a loyal following. The incredible 2 should be out i think in early q2 so that isn't too far off, if you can wait it out a while.

And there are the other 4g phones that are coming out in the next few months, the samsung charge, lg revolution, and droid bionic.

I got the thunderbolt a few weeks ago and it's working well, 4g speeds are crazy, but ultimately it's like a droid incredible in a bigger, heavier body. That said, however, i really like it.

Another option is to buy a slightly used incredible on ebay or something.

plemelin

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Personally I am waiting for HTC to come out with something with dual core. I love My DInc and have over a year left till I can upgrade anyways. The Thunderbolt is still a 1GHZ so though it is bigger and cool it's not cool enough for me to spend full price for.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I've had my DInc since 2 weeks before it went live in the stores. It's rooted and running Cyanogen 7. I'm going to have a hard time giving it up.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Me too. I love my Incredible. I hate that it has been retired. Someone is lying about it too. Verizon said HTC has discontinued making it. HTC said they didn't know Verizon retired it. I emailed asking both and they both give different answers. If you want an incredible for your wife try ebay or Amazon. Maybe Best Buy.
I think it is the best device. No issues and after having Blackberry problems this is really a great choice

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
i went from Dinc to thunderbolt, it is true there are Duel Core phones coming out however you wont ever see the true power of that technology for a while yet. The thunderbolt stock quadrant tested higher than the Moto Bionic. The thunderbolt has two processors inside of it, one to control that data and calls and the 1Ghz is fully devoted to the phone. This is how we are able to overclock this bad boy to 2Ghz with no problems, i run mine at 1.8 Ghz and i still get 7 hrs battery. So to get to the point, the thunderbolt is a geat phone, if you wait for HTC to release duel core on verizon you will probably wait to the end of this year maybe even next year more so do to verizon and how there 4G works.

climber20

May 13, 2010
Visit site
What does she use the phone for?

If she was previously happy with her AT&T iPhone, then how about a Verizon iPhone 4? Or if she's set on Android, you could wait a few weeks and see what the Incredible 2 is all about.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
the htc sensation is by far the sickest phone available right now (very near future) anybody who bought the TB got ripped!! the TB should have been the sensation for VZW, but as usual they are the lamest company at securing top tier handsets.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
the htc sensation is by far the sickest phone available right now (very near future) anybody who bought the TB got ripped!! the TB should have been the sensation for VZW, but as usual they are the lamest company at securing top tier handsets.

verizon is 6 months behind sprint and tmo and playing catch up, as far as devices go. But the thunderbolt is pretty cool. and 4g lte speeds are ridiculous.

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Nothing good/better than the Dinc out there yet or even been announced for VZW. Get a Dinc on Ebay or Craigslist and hold on to your "upgrade" until something worthwhile comes out.

....my $.02.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm surprised that getting a Dinc is so difficult. All the stores in my area of CT have them front and center on their Droid displays.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I wonder how many of you guys that are looking for DInc are still holding out for one now that GB has been confirmed for the summer. And how many of you that already have the DInc are keeping theirs because of GB?

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I have a mint condition Dinc (rooted) with CM7, which is GB+.... so who wants to buy it :) PM me

Comes with tons of accessories and goodies! including 16GB SD card