Missing Some Stuff after 2.2 Update

spackler

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
My phone updated to 2.2 last night* and now my browser's bookmarks, and my news feed settings, ring tone, and lots of saved settings within apps are all gone after the update.

- Is there any chance that the bookmarks are saved somewhere for me to get back.

- Can I back these up for when this happens again? (I'd rather not use the PC sync but store them either on phone or SD)

Thanks for any suggestions/help.

* Disclaimer: I think it updated. The phone had shut itself down due to low battery and I turned it on a split second before plugging it in to the charger and saw something about the phone being updated. This all happened at about 1am as I was crashing so I wasn't really paying attention as prior updates have not caused any probs. On top of the above I had to uninstall and reinstall all my apps. That sucked.

plemelin

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
If your rooted which I doubt you are as if so probably wouldn't get an OTA to work you can use Titanium and back everything up.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
well it didn't get 2.2

it might have been a different update. 2.2 has been out for a long time.

check your software information. go to settings --> about phone --> software information --> kernal version and software number

post that and we'll tell you if you have the same info as us

spackler

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response.

- Not rooted.

- Version info:
Android Version

Baseband Version

Kernel Veersion
2.6.32.17-g9a2fc16
htc-kernal@u18000-Build-149 #1

Build Number
3.26.605.1 CL264707 release-keys

Software Number

Browser
WebKit 3.1

PRI Version
1.28_002

plemelin

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Looks exactly like my info. I don't think it just got 2.2 last night or any updates. I haven't seen any for a while.

spackler

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Didn't see the PRL - 51920 and ERI - 5

I had to reinstall all my apps, not sure what happened. Is there an update history viewable somewhere?

Also, any chance that my bookmarks might have been saved somewhere? I have Astro so if they are saved somewhere I hope to be able to restore them if possible.

Thanks again!

spackler

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I was able to find my book mark thumbnails under /emmc/.bookmark_thumb1 so I'm wondering why I shouldn't be able to find the actual bookmarks?? I mean who gives a flying f@!% about thumbnails, I want the bookmarks, THE BOOKMARKS!!!!

Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800