Amazon App Store Apps, Not Updating?

Hitch_Itch

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with apps you have got from the amazon app store not updating in the market?
I found if you go to the amazon app store app and nav to "my apps" you might find some updates for some apps there that will update, but not all app updates are there.
Example is weatherbug elite shows up in my market as update available but it fails to update in the market as do all my apps I got from amazon, when I check in amazon app store/my apps/updates, it does not show any update available.
What good is geting apps from amazon if you cant update them
Any fixes for this?
Ken

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I updated sound hound I got for free from amazon app store the other day.
I did not get an update notice that an update was available til I went to the amazon app store tho and saw an update was available for it . But it did update

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Hitch - I think it’s a matter of Amazon "purchased" apps need to be updated through Amazon and Market "purchased" apps need to be updated through the Market.

I do not think there is any way for each market to keep track of what was purchased elsewhere.

I could be wrong, but it seems to be what's happening. I have to occasionally go to Amazon to get 1 or 2 updates for apps I got there.

Hitch_Itch

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Hitch - I think it?s a matter of Amazon "purchased" apps need to be updated through Amazon and Market "purchased" apps need to be updated through the Market.

I do not think there is any way for each market to keep track of what was purchased elsewhere.

I could be wrong, but it seems to be what's happening. I have to occasionally go to Amazon to get 1 or 2 updates for apps I got there.

I dont get many apps from amazon either, but I did get the weatherbug elite from them. The market shows and update for weatherbug but cannot update from there as i figured I would need to update in amazon app, but amazon app does not show a update for it.
So who is wrong the market or amazon? Im thinking its amazon not keeping up with there app updates.
Ken

sting0387

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Many of the apps in amazon market are a version revision behind their marketplace counterparts.

Such is your case.

Amazon's wetherbug elite version may be version 5.1, but the android market has 5.1.3. So yes the marketplace would tell you there is an update, but for amazon it would not because that is the latest version the app maker has uploaded to amazon's market. Just wait until the amazon market version is updated.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I understand that the apps purchased AND updated in the market will not show the apps purchased and updated on Amazon and vise versa ... The problem I am having is when I purchased an app like Angry Birds Seasons On Amazon why don't they show an update when there is an update available and in the market .. It's obvious that the Easter update exists so why aren't we getting it on Amazon purchased apps .. It's starting to piss me off.

UPDATE (30 secs after posting): Right after I posted I went to Amazon and that damn Seasons update was there.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar