Phone keeps rebooting in loop after CM7.02 update

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I just installed the CM7.02 update and now whenever I do anything on my phone it goes into a continuous boot loop. I wiped cache and dalvik before updating. I have pulled the battery and that gets me to my lock screen but it just keeps rebooting. Any Suggestions.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I havent flashed CM7.0.2 yet .
Sinced you wiped cache and dalvik and still in a bootloop,and battery pull didnt help.
I'd boot in CWM
I'd try to restore a backup of a previous CM7(hopefully you have one made before flashing CM7.0.2).Then try to reinstall CM7.0.2
If that didnt fix it and was me I'd do a full wipe and reinstall CM7.0.2 .
If you do ,dont forget to get the Gapps

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I did a backup and currently running the CM7.0.0 without any problems. I do not want to do a full wipe because it took me so long to set this up that I don't really want to go through that all over again. I downloaded the update zip file directly from cyanogen website and updated in hboot which has never been a problem but I might try it through cmw.

jmorosky

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Any luck? I did the same thing using ROM Manager. I didn't do a full wipe either because I figured I didn't need to going from CM to CM.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed the update again but this time I downloaded from rom manager onto the sd card. I went into recovery and updated from there. Everything seems to work fine now. I am not sure why it failed the first time but so far its good to go.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed the update again but this time I downloaded from rom manager onto the sd card. I went into recovery and updated from there. Everything seems to work fine now. I am not sure why it failed the first time but so far its good to go.

Yup its actually better to flash tho recovery not rom manager .I have never flashed a rom with rom manager ,read where rom manager causes problems sometimes with the flashing part, as now you are aware of.

Any luck? I did the same thing using ROM Manager. I didn't do a full wipe either because I figured I didn't need to going from CM to CM.

It's recommened that you should wipe the cache and dalvik cache tho when flashing between nightlies ;)
I dont think you can wipe dalvik tho rom manager but you can wipe dalvik tho recovery in the advanced settings

Last edited:

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
The first time I flashed CM7.02 I downloaded the Rom from Cyanogen website to my sd card and flash through recovery. Wiped cache and dalvik. Not sure why it messed up by boot looping but when I downloaded through CMW then flashed through recovery it worked fine. I did forget to wipe By the way a new update is now available to correct GPS problem CM7.0.2.1.

CBNY629

Aug 11, 2010
www.facebook.com
I was attempting to flash a ROM on my Droid 2 via ROM Manager and forgot to wipe the cache & data...now when my Droid 2 reboots, I get a constant loop of the reboot screen with the Cyanogenmod 7 logo. I've tried going to recovery mode, via holding down the X on the keypad, then turning it on. It allowed me to clear my user data & wipe my cache, but when rebooting the system it still continues to reboot in a loop with Cyanogenmod 7, not taking me to the setup screen. I feel like I'm missing a few steps. Can someone help me with what I am doing wrong?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton