1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone keeps rebooting in loop after CM7.02 update

I just installed the CM7.02 update and now whenever I do anything on my phone it goes into a continuous boot loop. I wiped cache and dalvik before updating. I have pulled the battery and that gets me to my lock screen but it just keeps rebooting. Any Suggestions.
    Rockin The Moto X

Global Posts
    6,678 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I havent flashed CM7.0.2 yet .
    Sinced you wiped cache and dalvik and still in a bootloop,and battery pull didnt help.
    I'd boot in CWM
    I'd try to restore a backup of a previous CM7(hopefully you have one made before flashing CM7.0.2).Then try to reinstall CM7.0.2
    If that didnt fix it and was me I'd do a full wipe and reinstall CM7.0.2 .
    If you do ,dont forget to get the Gapps
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I did a backup and currently running the CM7.0.0 without any problems. I do not want to do a full wipe because it took me so long to set this up that I don't really want to go through that all over again. I downloaded the update zip file directly from cyanogen website and updated in hboot which has never been a problem but I might try it through cmw.
    Rockin The Moto X

ROM
    AOSPA 3.99/ Golden Kernel

Any luck? I did the same thing using ROM Manager. I didn't do a full wipe either because I figured I didn't need to going from CM to CM.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Just flashed the update again but this time I downloaded from rom manager onto the sd card. I went into recovery and updated from there. Everything seems to work fine now. I am not sure why it failed the first time but so far its good to go.
    Rockin The Moto X

Global Posts
    6,678 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by anicholas7 View Post
    Just flashed the update again but this time I downloaded from rom manager onto the sd card. I went into recovery and updated from there. Everything seems to work fine now. I am not sure why it failed the first time but so far its good to go.
    Yup its actually better to flash tho recovery not rom manager .I have never flashed a rom with rom manager ,read where rom manager causes problems sometimes with the flashing part, as now you are aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by jmorosky View Post
    Any luck? I did the same thing using ROM Manager. I didn't do a full wipe either because I figured I didn't need to going from CM to CM.
    It's recommened that you should wipe the cache and dalvik cache tho when flashing between nightlies
    I dont think you can wipe dalvik tho rom manager but you can wipe dalvik tho recovery in the advanced settings
    Last edited by davidnc; 04-26-2011 at 04:45 AM.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

The first time I flashed CM7.02 I downloaded the Rom from Cyanogen website to my sd card and flash through recovery. Wiped cache and dalvik. Not sure why it messed up by boot looping but when I downloaded through CMW then flashed through recovery it worked fine. I did forget to wipe By the way a new update is now available to correct GPS problem CM7.0.2.1.
    Rockin The Moto X

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Same thing happened to me when I updated to 7.02.1

ROM
    Rooted using Cyanogenmod

Default Re: Phone keeps rebooting in loop after CM7.02 update

I was attempting to flash a ROM on my Droid 2 via ROM Manager and forgot to wipe the cache & data...now when my Droid 2 reboots, I get a constant loop of the reboot screen with the Cyanogenmod 7 logo. I've tried going to recovery mode, via holding down the X on the keypad, then turning it on. It allowed me to clear my user data & wipe my cache, but when rebooting the system it still continues to reboot in a loop with Cyanogenmod 7, not taking me to the setup screen. I feel like I'm missing a few steps. Can someone help me with what I am doing wrong?
    C H R I S T O P H E R