recover pictures

tritan

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have phone that is my brother in laws. He can't get the pics off it. He bought an iphone and wants to put the pics on his computer from the DI. I got the pics off the micro sd that was easy but the device won't act as a usb hub. How do I do that ? when I plug it in it says that its can't be found on my mac. I tryed the pc and same thing. I need to get the pics off the hardware of the DI. He doesn't have a file program installed and the cell service has been turned off. help.

rberry88

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
If they are on the SD card just get a card reader and transfer them with that. If they are on internal memory and no service then my idea of using Dropbox won't work, sorry.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Get Astro File manager or another free file manager from the market. You can connect to Wi-Fi and use the market, you do not need cell service. Once loaded you can use it to copy/move the pictures from emcc/DCIM/... to the sd card and from there you can copy them to your Mac.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Using the phone and a file manager like astro move the pictures off the phone storage to the sdcard.

Edit. If it didn't stop to watch the Pittsburgh goal I would have beat you lol.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

tritan

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
turning on the wifi I can't get it to connect. I flip the switch and there is no auto connect.I have a droid x so I am lost on how to find the settings.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Menu -> Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Wi-Fi settings should show you the list of available networks and from there you can select the network and enter the password for the network if necessary.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Boot into recovery by turning off the phone then turn it on again while holding the Power and down volume button at the same time. This will bring you to HBOOT, you should be able to use the volume to navigate to recovery and press the power button to select it. Once in recovery you will see Wipe Data/Factory reset, again navigate with the volume and use the track pad button to select.

If you get the Triangle of death (Triangle with an exclamation point) do not panic, hit the Power, down volume and Track Pad button at the same time and it will reboot into recovery. From there you can select wipe data/factory reset.

EDIT - This will wipe the internal data, if you want to delete the SD Card as well, just reformat it normally.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae