What is YOUR favorite PODcasting APP and why?

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I am currently using Acast Pro and keep having issues with podcasts completely stop playing... sometimes it happens exactly 15 mins or 30 mins into a podcast, then I have to start it over and find the spot it left off at! Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? I have been through every menu in the app and cannot figure out why it is happening....

ALSO, What is your favorite Podcasting App and why? Free or Paid, it doesn't matter. :)

eth555

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Doggcatcher hands down. Well worth the $6.99, before having this App I tried Google Reader but just would not do what I wanted. The support and upgrades have been great! If you are into podcasts, I do not think there is much of a reason to look elsewhere. Also on Episode 5 of All About Android they review 3 podcast apps, if you want to see a video review of a couple. If I remember right the app overviews start just after the 30 minute mark.

The TWiT Netcast Network with Leo Laporte

Reactions: ssethv

ngc457

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Doggcatcher hands down. I came from the Zune and the way it handles podcast is great and wanted something good for android. I have tried them all. Most of the free ones will not start where you left off. Why even make a podcast app does does not do that? Thats just like making a car without wheels. Most have a very poor user interface that makes it unpleasant to locate podcast and interact with. Doggcatcher is the only podcast app that does everything well and has a great user interface. It made podcasting experience better then Zune which is very hard to do.

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I have to agree that Doggcatcher is awesome. It is fully customizable, and just WORKS. I love it. Worth every penny of the price.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Doggcatcher. Man, I can't recommend this app enough. This is my MOST USED app on my phone.

Sooo worth the $8 bucks I spent to get it in the market.

Features:

• Getting podcasts via rss feed.
  • Built in search for podcasts.
  • You can have podcasts ONLY download on wifi (or 3g if you choose.)
  • You can have the app automatically delete podcasts after you listen to them.
  • You can have the podcasts downloaded at a certain time. (Such as 3pm every day.)
  • Retrieves thumb nails with the podcasts.
  • Does both Video and audio podcasts AND has a built in video player.
  • Remembers where you paused your podcast and can pick up where you let off when your ready to listen again. You can literally pause 5 minutes in 20+ different podcasts and it remembers all of them individually even after you reboot the phone.

Best podcast app out there.

HIYinOR

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
PodKast is excellent and also free. I came from the PrePlus using DrPodder, which I still consider my favorite and continue to use with my retired PrePlus.

Reactions: ssethv

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
PodKast is excellent and also free. I came from the PrePlus using DrPodder, which I still consider my favorite and continue to use with my retired PrePlus.
I came to android from a PrePlus too (sometimes I miss it) and Dr Podder is amazing... I will def check out PodKast, I will take any advice from a former pre owner :) I still have my Pre and It is in excellent condition (i baby my phones) Sometimes I actually think about turning it back on just to play with it... I miss webOS dr. and all the patches available... I would probably go back to palm (the Pre 3) but they just don't have the app support that android has, ya know... How do you feel about android compared to the webOS platform?

carleton

May 6, 2011
Visit site
have to also throw in my vote for Dogcatcher. If you're a heavy podcast listener you'll love it. If you only do it once and awhile Listen is probably okay. The Killer Feature for me is the ability to save your position in multiple podcasts at once, but it's really extendable and can do almost anything you can throw it it. It's also one of the most stable apps I've ever used on Android.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Chalk Ball is free for the day .Actually Im trying it out .I dont know how long I will keep it tho :)

mgeoffriau

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
BeyondPod works great for me, and it was free.

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one that still used BeyondPod. Not the most user-friendly (menus and formats take a bit to get used to), but functionally is fine and has all the features I need, and it's free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20