1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Insurance on Incredible 1 -> get new Incredible 2?

Hi everyone,

I purchased the Incredible 1 in March 2011.

On VerizonWireless.com, the Incredible 1 is no longer available.

I have insurance on my Incredible 1.

If I break my phone, will I get an Incredible 2? Or will the claims department give me a refurbished Incredible 1?

Anyone have any experience with this? Or know someone who works at Verizonwireless that could answer this?

Thanks!

-OnceWasDumbNowAmSmart

Global Posts
    1,135 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

as posted on droid-life it will be a droid x that is the closest in specs to Dinc. the Inc2 has better specs and front camera and therefore not equal replacement

If they have any originals in stock you will get the same. If not then another device. Could be the new version. A friend of mine had an ins claim on a different phone that was discontinued and she did receive the new version. So for someone to say you wont could be wrong. Your best bet is to call and ask. Forums give opinions and suggestions. We can't say what your replacement will be.

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Global Posts
    7,078 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Eventho DL is saying it will be the DX there is no reason they wouldn't really go for the DInc 2, you could always say that you need an HTC device, and that is why you purchased the first one.

Usually Asurion has been really good to me.
    Follow Us on Twitter
    [@jareddipane]
    [@AndroidCentral]
    Where's the juice again?

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    Your best bet is to call and ask.
    Don't call them. That just makes it sound like your going to brake your phone on purpose just so you can get a new phone. Even if you accidentally broke your phone a week from now, it's still going to look fishy to the insurance company simply because you called and ask.

Fine print says every thing want to know. Like others have said if they have the Droid Incredible in stock, that is what you get. If not you will get some thing comparable, such as another 1ghz phone. (Droid X?)

Now let's say you keep your Droid Incredible for 5 - 7 years. You would get some thing better in terms of the Droid Incredible spec wise simply because the phones have gotten better in the last 5 years.
    Feel free to private message me at any time! I enjoy getting private messages.
    Thanked by:
    straib 

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyWiz RLS13

Of course in 5 years you would have paid $400+ towards the insurance, so you'd be better off just buying a new phone. Generally speaking, insurance isn't worth the cost (unless you're prone to breaking or losing your phone).

ROM
    Stock until 4.0.4 hits

Last month my wife's DI was dropped & shattered... insurance got us a DX. I never really considered the DX before - it's a pretty good phone.

I think I'd be disappointed if I had take a DX. Rather have a Fascinate, I guess, but wouldn't be too excieted about either one.
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oncewasdumbnowamsmart View Post
    Hi everyone,

I purchased the Incredible 1 in March 2011.

On VerizonWireless.com, the Incredible 1 is no longer available.

I have insurance on my Incredible 1.

If I break my phone, will I get an Incredible 2? Or will the claims department give me a refurbished Incredible 1?

Anyone have any experience with this? Or know someone who works at Verizonwireless that could answer this?

Thanks!

-OnceWasDumbNowAmSmart
    from past experience (and alot of it) you will more than likely get a refurb'd incredible... then if you have problems "again" with that phone.... you may get the DX... I had the DX and sent it back and got the incredible... I love my phone, I have an upgrade and recently got the thunderbolt which I sent back after ten days (to many cosmetic defects for such an expensive phone) and I still have my upgrade which I am saving for something better... I am perfectly happy with my Hinc, and keep in mind that it is very easily rooted and many excellent ROM for it (I am on skyRaider 4.0 and its amazing) as compared to the DX which just sux in my opinion... but to each there own.... the Hinc2 is nothing but a 'slightly' better inc with a front facing camera... I would say sit tight and see what else comes down the road... good luck friend

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

I have a friend that just did an insurance claim and they offered her the DX. I told her to tell them no, so they offered her a Thunderbolt! My guess is that it is because it is a HTC device.
    Thanked by:

I was curious and called Verizon. Rep told me they have over 3000 in stock for replacements

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    ROM
    Atom on Nexus

Do the replacements come from Verizon stock or Asurion?

ROM
    Stock until 4.0.4 hits

Quote Originally Posted by orlanka View Post
    Do the replacements come from Verizon stock or Asurion?
    Ours was from Asurion -- within the last three weeks.

I got my DInc at Best Buy and got my phone insurance through them because they said I was guaranteed a new phone instead of a refurb for a replacement. I'm not planning on doing anything to kill my current DInc, but has anyone had experience going through Best Buy for replacement phones? Would it be best for me to just call them and ask, or would I be offered the DInc 2?
    -Neph-