1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gingerbread OTA updates for HTC Desire HD and Incredible S rolling out

Ok, so front page on Android Central is saying Gingerbread OTA updates for HTC Desire HD and Incredible S rolling out today, so what about our original Droid Incredibles???

Anyone know when we'll get this?
    HTC 8525 > BB Storm1 > HTC Droid Incredible > HTC REZOUND

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

I think the last semi-official word was June-ish. All depends on VZW testing. It will happen eventually though.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
    Thanked by:
    ajlee7 
    Where's the juice again?

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It's kind of cool that were are getting Ginger bread in June AFTER the phone has been discontinued.

At least that's the plan.
    Feel free to private message me at any time! I enjoy getting private messages.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I would hope that they continue to give us updates as 1) the phone is not that old and is just as powerful as brand new models just coming out, and 2) most of us are stuck with a 2 year contract...

Be nice if we do get this one in the next month
    HTC 8525 > BB Storm1 > HTC Droid Incredible > HTC REZOUND

ROM
    Shiny

I'm not holding my breath. Especially since it will have to be approved by Verizon first. If we were on Sprint or T-Mobile I would say sure we will get it.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

HTC Already said they will roll out for the DInc. It's just a matter of VZW testing how much bloat they can jam in and still have the thing boot!
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

ROM
    CM7 Nightly 148

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    HTC Already said they will roll out for the DInc. It's just a matter of VZW testing how much bloat they can jam in and still have the thing boot!
    And by the time they have finished testing and installing all the bloatwere they can we'll probably be talking about Ice Cream Sandwich. Oh well. I'm already running Gingerbread thanks to Cyanogenmod so I'm really not worried about the official update anymore.
    Rooted Droid Incredible
    +CM7
    +MIUI Camrea
    +ADW Launcher EX
    +Launcher2
    +Vignette
    +Synergy Theme
    +Blue Gingerbread ADW Theme
    +Nexus One Boot Animation
    +Widgets. Lots of widgets.
    =Pure awesome.

I remember reading something about 2.3 on the incredible rolling out around summer time.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

zero chance this phone gets 2.3 next month, we remember the joke that was the 2.2 release

Global Posts
    549 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 7 Nightlies

Remember guys that our DInc was one of the first to get Froyo. HTC is great about putting out updates and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that VZW has a build already. They will do their extensive testing but I am sure we will get it. Blackmanx has said he was confident it would.
    Rooted DROID Incredible
    +Android 2.3.5
    +CyanogenMod 7 Nightlies - Mixer Theme
    +ADW EX i2 Theme

In the Blackberry World, these updates always got leaked.....

One of the things (which are very few) that I miss about the Blackberry world.

Lego
    HTC ONE (M8)!

ChromeCast
    Nexus 7 (2012)

BB 6510>7510>8830>8330 Curve>9530 Storm> HTC Droid Incredible > HTC REZOUND!> HTC One (M8)
    Former Advisor

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts

The evo got it way before we did

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Android Central Advisor August 2011 - Late September 2011

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

But this time I think we're getting it before the EVO - I don't remember a Gingerbread announcement for the EVO yet. At least we have that going for us... which is nice.

We'll likely see RUU leaks as it goes through testing.
    Last edited by PvilleComp; 05-05-2011 at 08:14 PM.