5/10/11 Droid Inc. Issues

Editor

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
This morning around 12:30AM EST my Droid Inc. started to experience strange issues. I was recieving a text message from someone (Just regular text, no images etc...) and when I went to look at the text the screen started to switch on its own between the three different screens within the text message center.

I was able to view a few but it did this for every text I got from this person.

Then my phone defaulted to the far left page that has no apps/icons on it. I can't slide to another page without it defaulting back to that blank one.

I can't even get into any of my apps when I go to the app page.

I turned the Droid Inc. off. Then removed the battery. I let it sit. Turned it back on. Same issues.

I turned it off. Let it sit. Turned it back on. Same issues.

I have now removed the battery when the phone was ON and have not put the battery back in for about five minutes.

Will report back if this helps or not.

Anyone else experiencing this?

VERIZON Network

Last edited:

Editor

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I just removed the SD card then the battery and then reinstalled the battery then the SD card. Rebooted it...

Same issues occured.

Editor

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what any of that stuff is. It is a stock Droid Inc. that has apps on it. It isn't hacked, jacked or whatever else you want to call it.

I get apps from the Marketplace and from Amazons marketplace app. Nowhere else.

Justified

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm. Did you download any new apps recently prior to it acting up? An option would to do a factory reset, but that would be a last resort to me.

Editor

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Bubble Blaster from the Amazon App, Application. It was over a week ago. And I can't get into it or anything else to even delete it to see if it is the cause.

If I could get into the settings I would do it.

Had it turned OFF for over an hour. Just turned it back on. Let it sit to warm up (5-10 mimutes). As soon as I unlock it the screen start moving from right to left and goes to the far left screen that is blank with no apps on it.

Last edited:

Justified

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I'd do a factory reset but, I'd wait and get some other input by other forum members before straying down there but HERE <---- (link) is how to do a hard reset and make the phone like if you just open'd it from the box. And if that doesn't work then, It is more than likely a Hardware problem.

Editor

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Well a coworker of mine wanted to check it out for himself. So he came out to where I am in the building and I had it turned off. I told him he could boot it up and so he did. It was working fine for him. None of the issues I was having before were happening for him.

Now I did take it back to where he was earlier and showed him what was going on. So he knew it was happening before.

I guess the multiple shutdown reboots helped.

We also went through a cleared the cache of all my apps I also moved the ones I could move over to my SD card.

Justified

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Glad you got it figured out :) , and by the way welcome to Android Central!

EDIT: Didn't see that you joined before me haha, Jumped the gun ;)

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you hade dirt/oil on the optical joystick and you probably cleaned it while doing the battery pull. Glad you got it working again.

Editor

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you hade dirt/oil on the optical joystick and you probably cleaned it while doing the battery pull. Glad you got it working again.

You know that is a good point. I didn't even think it could be that. I rarely use that joystick for a joystick purpose. Only to take a photo.

plemelin

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Glad to hear it is fixed. I got some strange text messages and didn't open them. A buddy did and infected his Inc.

fvineyard

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I seem to recall reading about similar behavior that was caused by some dirt or lint around the optical trackball / mouse. Just a thought if it happens again.

Frank