Is there a way to have battery percentage??

boyer61

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been searching everywhere! I want to have the battery percentage like CM7, but i don't like it's layout.

I found a rom that i like, Nothing special 1.3. Basically a stock rom with all the junk taken out, And it's actually working. lol

Can anyone help me out?

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
There is an app, that will not eat up your battery, that I use that will show you battery % in your notification bar. It is called Battery Status from Modded Logic. It's free and customizable.

Reactions: boyer61

boyer61

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for something thats in the status bar like CM7. I really like the stock look, but i want the battery percentage lol.

I came from a Palm pre, and it was easy to add stuff like that.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know of a way?

I know you found a way but Virtuous ROM (the latest one, can't remember the version #) has a theme called "Incredible Revolution" or something along those lines. As part of that theme it had a very cool circle battery meter as part of the status bar and was easy to read as well.

The only downside (if you want to call it that) is that it is very stock, minus the VZBloatgarbage, which isn't inherently bad but its all Froyo based so no Gbread, no Sense 2.0 but it is very stable and almost like being on stock 2.2. I used it for several months with no problems whatsoever.

Virtuous ROM and the theme with the circle battery meter can all be found in ROM manager and all flash from ROM Manager with no issues.

boyer61

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Do you know if it does it by single percentage? or my 20s? I'm looking for the exact percentage, not somethign that rounds up or that goes by 10s.

rpz3.14

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It looks like you found an answer, but you can also use Stericson's program, "Ninjamorph", if you find a battery indicator you like but it isn't designed for your ROM. Basically, the program allows you to decompress any .apk (in this case, you'd do framework-res.apk in the system->framework directory), replace any .png's you want, and recompile and apply it.

For a battery indicator, you can simply drag the new icons (one for each percent of battery life and charging status) into the workspace if you have your phone hooked up to a computer (and assuming the file names match - they should for all sense based systems).

boyer61

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
It looks like you found an answer, but you can also use Stericson's program, "Ninjamorph", if you find a battery indicator you like but it isn't designed for your ROM. Basically, the program allows you to decompress any .apk (in this case, you'd do framework-res.apk in the system->framework directory), replace any .png's you want, and recompile and apply it.

For a battery indicator, you can simply drag the new icons (one for each percent of battery life and charging status) into the workspace if you have your phone hooked up to a computer (and assuming the file names match - they should for all sense based systems).

I used that same app to apply the battery theme that i had posted before, but it only went by 20's. Where can i find the workspace?

boyer61

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Odd, under androidthemes, it shows the theme i just unzipped using metamorph, and all of the battery icons, from 1-100%. yet it still goes by 20s..

boyer61

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I had a feeling this was an issue. I had some major issues with CWM 3.0.8, I used 2.5.? and it all worked fine.

Finally i have the percentage on there and it's showing the exact amount!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae