1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone won't turn on... repeats booting cycle

My Incredible was working as normal until last night. My phone stopped letting me enter apps. Everytime I would try to access one it would "force close". I shut my phone off. When I turned it back on it went to the 'htc Incredible' screen as normal, and then to the 'htc quietly brilliant'. Then it says, "DROID" does that creepy red eye thing and then goes back to the 'htc quietly brilliant' screen. Where it repeats, "DROID" the creepy red eye thing and then back to the 'htc quietly brillant' screen. It won't stop this cycle. Any ideas of what to do?

I tried doing a recovery but that only took me to a black screen with a phone in the center. There is a triangle and a ! exclamation point on the right top part of the phone.

Thanks.

Is your phone rooted?
    Rockin The Moto X

ROM
    Stock/ ICS Rooted

May have to Nuke and pave it.

Sounds like you need tech support to check it out. May need a replacement

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Default Re: Phone won't turn on... repeats booting cycle

im haveing the same problem ....... ugh !?! and my droid is not rooted :/

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Try clearing the cache partition - Follow the steps in this post to get to recovery on an unrooted DInc and clear the cache. Don't do a reset or clear data, just cache for now.

Second GB Update/Patch Won't Reboot Issue - SOLVED!
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

Yeah mine does that too, let me know if you can figure out how to fix it, I turned mine off in the morning and it wouldn't start, I guess it is what htc phones are like these days