Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gmail Issue

my gmail won't sync and stopped updating and notifying me of new email since last friday. i cleared cache and even cleared data. now it just says waiting for sync and doesn't connect at all. any ideas?

i do have the "application data space low" message that i'm trying to clear. Could that be keeping the gmail from syncing? if so, any tips on freeing space? i've already eliminated most of the randoms apps i barely use. thanks

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moliva1568 View Post
    my gmail won't sync and stopped updating and notifying me of new email since last friday. i cleared cache and even cleared data. now it just says waiting for sync and doesn't connect at all. any ideas?

i do have the "application data space low" message that i'm trying to clear. Could that be keeping the gmail from syncing? if so, any tips on freeing space? i've already eliminated most of the randoms apps i barely use. thanks
    Have you checked your Accounts and sync settings in the settings menu to see if you have sync gmail enabled?
    Give me enough time and I'll think of something clever...

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

For the low space message - start clearing cache from all your apps.

For gmail make sure that gmail is set to sync in accounts and sync in the settings.

Let us know what happens.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

it's defintiely set to "sync" in the accounts and sync setting

here's a thread i posted before. do you think they're connected?

http://forum.androidcentral.com/droi...r-message.html
    Last edited by moliva1568; 05-18-2011 at 04:16 PM.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

now it's saying "phone storage full.

under phone storage, it says

internal
    6.46gb total
    6.35gb available

memory
    748mb total
    576mb available
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    For the low space message - start clearing cache from all your apps.

For gmail make sure that gmail is set to sync in accounts and sync in the settings.

Let us know what happens.
    When I try to clear cache, they all say 0.00 and it's greyed Out.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

well, i deleted a few apps and nothing happened. i then went to facebook and cleared data. once i did that, all the gmail started coming through. i guess gmail had it clogged up?? i don't know but it looks to be fine now.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

The Facebook app is a mess - you may want to try Flow and see if you like it.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.