Need your help please! Trying to avoid factory reset.

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi Folks,

Heres the deal, when I first setup my DInc last April the first Google email address I used was my corporate GMail account. I have since changed jobs and that email account no longer exists. No I cannot access the Android Market for updates a new app's. I've tried reassigning the phone to my personal GMail account, but the phone tells me there are applications tied to that old email address and a Factory Reset is required.

Now, I've had this phone for more than a year and have a ton of photos, songs, and app's on it. I backup my App's via AppBrain and can copy my photos/songs over to my PC, but what a hassle! Do you know if there is any other way to change which email address the device points to other then logging into Google and making that change on the original account? I don't have access to that email address anymore, so that's not an option. Any suggestions would be really appreciated!

Thanks~

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
That is correct the email account you bought the apps from are tied to the google account you were in signed in at the time. The only thing I can think of is contacting google customer support and show them your receipts for your paid apps and have them transfer them to your personal account.

As for transferring the photos and what not to the pc, that is the only simplest and cheapest way I can think of saving the photos. Only other options that I can think of is opening a free account and uploading the photos to flickr. Or create a free account with drop box (2 gb free and you pay for more storage for month/year), or use Carobnite which also cost money. (I don't use either of these services so I don't know if they will do the job you want. I do know Carbonite has a app for android but I'm not sure if you can actually upload from the phone.)

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi Folks,

Heres the deal, when I first setup my DInc last April the first Google email address I used was my corporate GMail account. I have since changed jobs and that email account no longer exists. No I cannot access the Android Market for updates a new app's. I've tried reassigning the phone to my personal GMail account, but the phone tells me there are applications tied to that old email address and a Factory Reset is required.

Now, I've had this phone for more than a year and have a ton of photos, songs, and app's on it. I backup my App's via AppBrain and can copy my photos/songs over to my PC, but what a hassle! Do you know if there is any other way to change which email address the device points to other then logging into Google and making that change on the original account? I don't have access to that email address anymore, so that's not an option. Any suggestions would be really appreciated!

Thanks~

You could add another Gmail address for your personal Email without having to reset, but that would not really solve the base problem of not being able to access your original account.

The only way to change the primary account is by reset. Sorry.

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys. I was afraid of that. You'd think there would be an easier way to reassign the master email for your Google Account from the device. Oh well. Factory reset here I come...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2