[?] Need help deleting a ringtone.

ragdoll2002

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I really need to know how to delete ringtones. I have tried everything I can think of. If it is stored somewhere in the memory, I am lost. I know it is not on the card. Will a file manager help and if it will how do I use it. PLEASE HELP!!!! :'(

ragdoll2002

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
3rd post. Please help!

I really need to know how to delete ringtones. I have tried everything I can think of. If it is stored somewhere in the memory, I am lost. I know it is not on the card. Will a file manager help and if it will how do I use it. PLEASE HELP!!!! :'(

ragdoll2002

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Please! Please! I really need help.

glittergirlnz

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
When I plug my Nexus S into my computer and navigate to the device, there is a folder called music and within that folder there is a folder called ringtones. I can add and remove my ringtones from there.
However my notification tones are listed under the media folder > audio > notifications.

Hope that helps.

thebr0ken

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
When I plug my Nexus S into my computer and navigate to the device, there is a folder called music and within that folder there is a folder called ringtones. I can add and remove my ringtones from there.
However my notification tones are listed under the media folder > audio > notifications.

Hope that helps.

if ur doing it from a file manager its system/media/audio/ringtones
notifications are just that, there is a different folder for ringtones

I was really reluctant to help as im sure were others. 3 threads in a matter of minutes, Really???? good way to not be taken seriously when you have a "real" problem.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
If you cant find them by plugging the phone into the computer. There's got to be a way to take them off by rooting. Unfortunately I don't have any experience in rooting so I cant help you there.

Are you wanting the take the default ringtones off? Or are these ring tones that you created with apps such as "Ringdroid"?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
@Ragdoll2002,

Welcome to the forums! Before we deal with any ringtone issues there are a couple of things we should probably clarify first.

-Creating 3 threads, within 5 minutes, regarding the same topic, is not going to assist you or anybody in helping you. This is called cross-posting and is specifically called out in the forum rules and guidelines. More specifically it's called out as being against them. I've merged your 3 threads into 1.

-You should exercise more patience and not expect to have an answer in 5 minutes.

-You should always use meaningful and appropriate titles in your threads. For example, this thread might appropriately be titled "Need help deleting ringtone" which let's people know what you're looking for, and also makes it searchable in the future. If later on someone has the same question, there is very little chance they will search "I am really stumped." which means any information shared here is lost and that person will need to create a new thread. I've renamed this one already for you.

K.P.

Reactions: Lee_Bo

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
You can just press on the ringtones name. A screen will pop up and you can choose. Delete

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I've been rooted for so long I don't remember the answer to this......but can you delete system files if you are NOT rooted? If you can, then they will be located in the system/media/audio folder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol