My phone factory reset on it's own?

VolsMcFalls

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok....really weird issue...

I was playing a game on the phone (9-innings Baseball Pro) when a call came through. The game froze, the notification bar dropped down part-way, and the phone froze up. I waited to see if the app would force close and return to the home screen. But, it never did. Instead, the phone restarted. No big deal.

But, when the phone comes back up, I get the welcome screen and the tutorial like I just turned the phone on for the first time. Imagine my horror when I find that Launcher Pro does not start up, nor does Beautiful Widgets, nor do any of my home screens or widgets.

Instead, I get the stock Incredible home screen, widgets, shortcuts, STOCK EVERYTHING! And, I get a ton of Force Close popups when the phone starts (launcher pro, weather channel widget, handcent sms, etc). Nothing will launch other than stock apps. And my call history is gone. SMS history is there, and contacts are there, but everything else is like is has been wiped. All the apps show in the app drawer, but none of them will start. Also, whenever I do start an app, the phone acts like its the first time I've ever used that app, asking for registration information, email address, etc.

What the heck happened? I tried bringing up Lookout to do a restoration (since it does a backup), but even it force closes. Anything I can do or am I out of luck? What caused this problem?

UPDATE - upon further examination, the only apps showing on the app drawer are ones installed to the phone itself. None of the memory card apps are there...and I can't get Astro to start in order to see if the phone is even reading the memory card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20