Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Incredible/Nexus One

Okay I been with Verizon for awhile....I am due for an upgrade as of 3/15/10 however I've been waiting for either The Incredible or The Nexus One...Can anyone tell me the difference between these 2 phones?

Thanks

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock... For now

Quote Originally Posted by sparker781 View Post
    Okay I been with Verizon for awhile....I am due for an upgrade as of 3/15/10 however I've been waiting for either The Incredible or The Nexus One...Can anyone tell me the difference between these 2 phones?

Thanks
    Join the club... We will know as soon as "official" specs on the incredible get released. And the first one out lands in my pocket!!

Global Posts
    2,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7/MazWoz on Evo

here are some of the rumored specs. Remember these are not facts, just rumors.

Does the Incredible have voice recognition software for texts and GPS like the N1?
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

I would think it does on the HTC keyboard but the Android should have it
    Rooted for life

Upgrade means, after one year upgrade plan? so you still got 1 year left on your current plant, right?
    I am not sure if Nexus One will give you full subsidized price on people who are upgrading. I think Tmobile user who were upgrading, they had hard time or didn't get full discount price.
    I am samething, i've been wait to upgrade my phone. If I don't get the full subsidized price on Nexus One, I am definately getting Incredible.
    Roy Aguilera

Good thing that I bought my Droid cash and have an upgrade waiting. I might just use it on the incredible.
    Zombie

Global Posts
    1,786 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Scopic View Post
    Does the Incredible have voice recognition software for texts and GPS like the N1?
    it should have it if it ships with 2.1 the droid just received it in its 2.1 update, so that will be the deciding factor. And if the leaks are correct it will have 2.1 at release.

The software is basically Nexus One + SenseUI. There shouldn't be any Android features missing.

Default Car navigation?

The incredible does look nice, but I am wondering about something. One thing that looked very appealing to me about the N1 was the car dock which shows "car mode", including the navigation app. How (if at all) would this work on the incredible?
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

The same way it should have car home and HTC equivalent
    Rooted for life

You can manually activate Car Mode from the Navigation app in the Incredible. It won't work with the spiffy car dock, though.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Why wouldn't it toy should have the option to use goggles or HTC version if only HTC that sucks I pike the Google car home
    Rooted for life

Quote Originally Posted by thebizz View Post
    Why wouldn't it toy should have the option to use goggles or HTC version if only HTC that sucks I pike the Google car home
    wow, did you just wake up..... that almost made no sense!

Global Posts
    2,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7/MazWoz on Evo

I am guessing some crazy auto correct demon took over there.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Yeah auto correct and 24 hours up but I was trying to say you should be able to choose either car home or navigator from HTC if I only had navigator that would suck
    Rooted for life

I think car home is on both. All you're missing is a dock that does all the stuff that Google's does.

Quote Originally Posted by JTEastwood View Post
    Join the club... We will know as soon as "official" specs on the incredible get released. And the first one out lands in my pocket!!
    The biggest difference will be if the nexus one breaks you have to send it back to google and wait a week with the incredible you can swap at the store or they ship in one day.

well, that plus an optical trackpad, internal memory (8gb if the rumored specs are accurate) sense, an 8mp camera with dual flash, and a funky back cover.

but aside from that, they are very similar

but verizon having these in store and supporting them directly is a huge plus for me

There probably won't be any software differences b/w the N1 and the Incredible. The only real difference software-wise will be HTC's Sense UI. All the other software options (voice recognition, car mode, etc.) will be available. The real question, as far as I'm concerned, is whether the hardware differences (which at this point I believe only appears to be 5 MP camera (N1) versus 8 MP camera (Incredible)) render the Incredible the better choice. They have the same processor, the same screen size, etc. And if you like the HTC Sense UI, you can always put it on your rooted N1. It's a real toss up, as far as I see it. Thing is, if Verizon releases the Incredible in the near future, I can't imagine that they'll release the N1 any time soon. The devices have too much crossover. They would rather get you to buy one and then want to buy the other later. We'll just have to see--it's something I'm definitely monitoring closely....

Quote Originally Posted by notoriouslyabsent View Post
    The real question, as far as I'm concerned, is whether the hardware differences (which at this point I believe only appears to be 5 MP camera (N1) versus 8 MP camera (Incredible)) render the Incredible the better choice. They have the same processor, the same screen size, etc.
    Other hardware differences...

dual LED camera flashes on Incredible (only one on N1)
    Trackball vs. Trackpad
    Noise canceling mic on the N1
    Dock ports on N1 that allow connection to desk dock and car dock
    8GB (maybe?) installed micro SD in Incredible vs. 4GB in N1
    Last edited by twinturbostang; 04-13-2010 at 10:32 PM.

Global Posts
    1,133 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

Quote Originally Posted by twinturbostang View Post
    8GB (maybe?) installed micro SD in Incredible vs. 4GB in N1
    the 8gb of memory in the incredible is not a SD card. It is on board 8gb of memory AND there is a microSD slot that supports up to 32gb more memory.

Quote Originally Posted by notoriouslyabsent View Post
    There probably won't be any software differences b/w the N1 and the Incredible. The only real difference software-wise will be HTC's Sense UI. All the other software options (voice recognition, car mode, etc.) will be available. The real question, as far as I'm concerned, is whether the hardware differences (which at this point I believe only appears to be 5 MP camera (N1) versus 8 MP camera (Incredible)) render the Incredible the better choice. They have the same processor, the same screen size, etc. And if you like the HTC Sense UI, you can always put it on your rooted N1. It's a real toss up, as far as I see it. Thing is, if Verizon releases the Incredible in the near future, I can't imagine that they'll release the N1 any time soon. The devices have too much crossover. They would rather get you to buy one and then want to buy the other later. We'll just have to see--it's something I'm definitely monitoring closely....
    the N1 is pretty much distributed by google, and being that vzw most likely cares more about subscribers and contracts signed vs what smartphone you get, i doubt they would care if there was crossover in features. their big selling point will probably be the in store device try out/service and better camera/flash

the 8gb of internal memory is a big difference if it's treated the same way the ROM is, since you could then install apps on it.

If they are available around the same time I think I would have to go with the incredible. Mostly becuase if there is a problem with it, or I dont like it, I know I can go to a verizons store and take care of it right there an then. I dont like the fact that the only recourse you have with Google is with a nameless/faceless CS department that has not gotten stellar reviews. Not to mention that google charges you to return it.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinD2473 View Post
    the 8gb of memory in the incredible is not a SD card. It is on board 8gb of memory AND there is a microSD slot that supports up to 32gb more memory.
    Please show me where this is stated.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast