Initial Price/Price drop?

Scopic

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Ah, gotcha.

Damn, some people just ruin things for the honest customers (Like me who just want their first smartphone without the intent of exploiting the system).

Do you think they'll have a new phone pumped out by November? That's the earliest that I can upgrade and I doubt I will buy the Incredible then as it will be or will soon be out of date.

Thank you.

EDIT:

Question. :p

How is this possible (this is just an example)?

http://www.cellstores.com/eCommerce/SpecialOffer.aspx?cid=35159_d709f178356644a390b47e1c61a42db7

"Renew/Upgrade my Contract" and the price comes to a hugely discounted $49.99 for the Droid. It doesn't say anything about having to have a phone upgrade available at all.

Can independent sellers do this? Or will VZW intercept the order and tell me that I won't be able to use the phone until an upgrade is made available on my account?

Sorry for being so ignorant on this whole matter, I'm just trying out EVERY possible scenario here.

Last edited:

Scopic

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Well now I'm torn between upgrading my current contract and waiting three months, or just waiting until December for my NE2 and getting whatever new phone is out (if there even will be a new one... I wish I could see the future!).

What would you do?

Maybe I can convince a friend to add a line onto mine and then I use their line to get the Incredible and they can take my current phone/plan. XD

bb4temo

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't doubt that the price will stay $199 (importantly after rebate, $299 + tax and accessories) for at least 6 months or so. It'll probably stay that price and being that I am a former Verizon sales person, I foresee the price going down for something like a Back to School or Labor Day type sales event.

Hope this helps!

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Well now I'm torn between upgrading my current contract and waiting three months, or just waiting until December for my NE2 and getting whatever new phone is out (if there even will be a new one... I wish I could see the future!).

What would you do?

Maybe I can convince a friend to add a line onto mine and then I use their line to get the Incredible and they can take my current phone/plan. XD

i was going to reccomend something like that to you, adding another line is the easiest way to get that instant gratification.

plus, if you find someone that is willing to do it with you (provided you trust them) it's a good way to lower your phone bill.

i've stayed on my family's plan for way longer than i should have solely because i use about an hour of talk time MAYBE a month. so i pay the extra line fee and my data fee, so $40 a month instead of probably $90. good deal i think. :) and since the base plan gets covered by their work, they don't care.

Thablackguy

Apr 18, 2010
www.twitter.com
Wow, I feel really silly. Sorry to waste your time. It dawned on me that I misinterpreted my NE2 date with my contract date. :p

My contract doesn't end until 4/08/11, no wonder the reps were being so stiff. XD

Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait for the Incredible 2. :p

(That, or add a second line.)

Just read this on the VZW website:

"You can get a new phone every year with Annual Upgrade. Sign up for a 2-year agreement on a calling plan of at least $49.99 and you can purchase a new phone at its promotional price through My Verizon every year with a 2-year renewal (upgrade fee may apply)."

Does this mean anything for me?

wait what ?!?! if thats true then i should be able to get it at promotional price cause i'm already a up for my 1 year upgrade... so i can get a 2yr renewal through my verizon and get this phone !! ... am i understanding this correctly ?

EDIT:i have a family plan but i have a storm1 so i already have the data plan if that helps at all

sorry i'm a bit slow lol

Last edited:

Scopic

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
wait what ?!?! if thats true then i should be able to get it at promotional price cause i'm already a up for my 1 year upgrade... so i can get a 2yr renewal through my verizon and get this phone !! ... am i understanding this correctly ?

EDIT:i have a family plan but i have a storm1 so i already have the data plan if that helps at all

sorry i'm a bit slow lol

I'm not entirely sure if it holds the same for a family plan, but I would guess that it would.

Try your luck and call them, I hope it works out for you! :D

As for my situation, I told a friend about having to add a new line and he asked if he could haggle for me. He's the kind of person who enjoys arguing with companies.:rolleyes: He said it's ridiculous that they can't make the exception seeing as how I pay close to $60 a month and cannot be considered on a $49.99 plan for the upgrade.

Lol, we'll see. Think he'll have any luck? I myself couldn't really start an argument over the phone with a company. I try to keep things courteous, but that obviously hasn't seemed to work. If starting an argument ends up getting me this amazing phone, then why not?

EDIT:

He got it.

Thanks for all the help guys!

Last edited:

Scopic

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
hahha, contgrats!

you just have to be able to convince them :)

Thanks!

Lol, yeah. He made some pretty good points over the phone that I didn't even think of, and it was enough to convince them. For example, he noticed that the annual upgrade is for a minimum plan rate of $49.99, but there actually is no plan at that rate available. There's only a $39.99 (mine) and then it jumps up to $59.99. When brought to their attention they were quite surprised.

They said the earliest they can get it to me is May 1st which is way better than 3-7 months from now! :D

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks!

Lol, yeah. He made some pretty good points over the phone that I didn't even think of, and it was enough to convince them. For example, he noticed that the annual upgrade is for a minimum plan rate of $49.99, but there actually is no plan at that rate available. There's only a $39.99 (mine) and then it jumps up to $59.99. When brought to their attention they were quite surprised.

They said the earliest they can get it to me is May 1st which is way better than 3-7 months from now! :D

way better than 3-7 mo!

that's like what, 2 days after release? :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol