I am tired of the waiting. I'm holding out for the Sprint HTC EVO 4G.

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I'll keep on paying the month-to-month charges on my little cheapo pre-pay phone until the Evo comes out. Sick and tired of all the "confirmed" reports only to be let down when that date comes and goes with nothing really new. As summer gets closer, my reasons for getting the N1 or the Incredible decrease. Might as well wait it out.

That is all. ;)

Last edited:

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Im sick of waiting so I will wait longer?
Yeah, I know. Sounds redundant...

Every day there seems to be a new release date for N1 or the Incredible...but nothing yet. Point was simply that one might as well wait a little longer for the better (Evo) phone.

I'll see what I think when I can actually go down and hold the Incredible in my hands and behold the glory of its magnificence. Thing is, I'd hate to have just bought it and then a month or so later see the Evo for sale with all of its super features...

What the heck.

twinturbostang

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
From what I hear though, the EVO is only on Sprint. And Incredible is on Verizon. So unless you're planning on changing carriers, there's no point in waiting.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
it is seeming like the late april date might hold up, and that date seems to be a little less vague vs sprint's "summer" date.

but for me, the carrier becomes the key, i'm not leaving vzw for sprint. :)

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
From what I hear though, the EVO is only on Sprint. And Incredible is on Verizon. So unless you're planning on changing carriers, there's no point in waiting.
Right now, I'm on this month-to-month with an AT&T go Phone...so I can end that whenever I'm ready. I can go to any carrier I choose.

My Sprint contract was up last December so I switched over to T-Mobile when I got the N1. I sent that back after a week of poor connectivity deciding to wait until Spring for the Verizon version. Had to have something to tie me over so I picked up this little POS phone and have been waiting patiently ever since.

Now along comes Sprint with the promise of 4G, a bigger screen, and an 8 megapixel camera, among other things. Mighty tempting it is.

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
...but for me, the carrier becomes the key, i'm not leaving vzw for sprint. :)
I was with Sprint for 9 years and had maybe a total of 2 dropped calls in that whole time. I don't question their reliability.

I also happen to live in a city that already has 4G coverage (Tacoma, WA). Good times ahead.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
sprint has gotten much better recently, but the customer service i get with verizon is second to none. i practically can get a new phone at contract price whenever i want. that's hard to beat in my books. :)

mb79

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Well for me, even though the EVO looks cool, I don't think I could carry a device that big. N1 or Incredible will be about perfect sizewise and specwise for me.

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Well for me, even though the EVO looks cool, I don't think I could carry a device that big. N1 or Incredible will be about perfect sizewise and specwise for me.
Yeah, I thought about that too...

So I went down to T-Mobile and checked out the what, the HD2 or something like that. I think it has the same form factor as the Evo. Lots of real-estate on that screen. Luckily, I'm not a small guy and it fits real nicely in my hand.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I thought about that too...

So I went down to T-Mobile and checked out the what, the HD2 or something like that. I think it has the same form factor as the Evo. Lots of real-estate on that screen. Luckily, I'm not a small guy and it fits real nicely in my hand.

what about your pocket? that's one of my concerns with the HD2/EVO (they are basically the same when it comes to their shape) i want my phone to be easily pocketable

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I checked at midnight CST for the phone on VZW. I dont know what time during the day they release this stuff, but I figured I would check since I was up.

I will say this, I dont often look forward to phones. I have had 20+ devices in the last 30months because of the job that I have. However I have been waiting for this phone for over 2 months. I hope that after this phone comes out it will have enough tech behind it to be "current" for at least a full year. I will be seriously let down if it is outdated within 4 months.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
the way tech advances, it's almost impossible to have something be the latest and greatest for a year.

BUT i see nothing on the horizon that will make this phone obsolete, there's nothing newer in processing in the pipes that is really better than the snapdragon in the incredible

and if google ever implements saving apps to the sd card, the internal storage will be a non issue

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
what about your pocket? that's one of my concerns with the HD2/EVO (they are basically the same when it comes to their shape) i want my phone to be easily pocketable
I know what you mean.

I'll prolly get one of those holders where you can put it on your belt. Or keep it in my inside coat pocket. On the other hand, it's not that much bigger than the Incredible or N1. In any case, it'll be worth it to use that magnificent screen and that quick 4G hook-up.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
I know what you mean.

I'll prolly get one of those holders where you can put it on your belt. Or keep it in my inside coat pocket. On the other hand, it's not that much bigger than the Incredible or N1. In any case, it'll be worth it to use that magnificent screen and that quick 4G hook-up.

ooo, i can't stand those hip/belt holders, like straight out of the 90s :p

but that's just me, don't be surprised when i make fun of you on the street though ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae