Incredible Screen??

SpartanDroid

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know what screen they use in the incredible is it the synaptic clearpad 2000? Or do you think they are using the clearpad 3000 or something else. I believe the nexus one uses the 2000 which is the reason they have all the multi-touch problems. I wanted to know if the incredible upgraded to the 3000 or something equally as good because these screens are much better and that would be a big selling point

thanks

Str8Klownin

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
exactly what im waiting to find out. an upgraded screen would make this the clear choice for me. if not, i might wait for the n1 (more aesthetically pleasing)

SpartanDroid

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Ya i agree too. The screen is the main thing I am thinking about. I am using my lg dare right now and it is a total nightmare. I cant calibrate it anymore and it decides to change calibration whenever it wants so its impossible for me to type or use.

I have heard issues about the clearpad 2000 which i believe is what the N1 uses so if the incredible is upgraded i believe this would be a winner for me. Synaptic has a cool video that shows how much better the clearpad 3000 is with multitouch.

Synaptics ClearPad 3000 Series on Vimeo

SpartanDroid

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea if they do. Someone should do some investigating on that. I have looked and haven't been able to find a whole lot. This is a huge selling factor for me and want to know so if anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated

s-one

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Ok I didnt realize there was such an issue on the n1 and I was really considering the Incredi. So yea if you guys find out definitely report back.

Kind regards.

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
On the topic of screen, I'm less concerned about the multitouch issues (which don't seem to be that big a deal for the average non-gaming user like myself), and more concerned about the screen outdoors issue. Since it's AMOLED like the N1's, I'm guessing we can expect the same washed out appearance reported by N1 users who go outside? I think I'm willing to look past it (I need a new damn phone already!) but it would be nice to know.

DDVX

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm not to concerned as I haven't heard too many complaints from people about their screen. Hopefully it is the advanced ones at least for more complicated games.

SpartanDroid

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Well there isn't a huge difference. Ya the clearpad 3000 is much better for multi-touch so it would be nice to at least have to most advanced screen in there. Since it is AMOLED then the screen will most likely look the same outside. I have heard different reports that some people can see outside fine with the screen while others say they can't. I wish it was the super AMOLED screen like in the Galaxy S because I am pretty sure that doesn't get washed out at all and looks great. Plus it uses somewhere around 30% less battery (guessing on what I previously heard).

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
amoled will be a bit washed out, but upping the brightness helps.

i haven't seen the N1's screen in person, but my zune hd has an oled screen as well, and on max brightness (there's only three levels on it) it does okay in sunlight.

in the shade/darkness though, it looks 10000 times nicer than a lcd.

SpartanDroid

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Ya it is going to suck that it isn't using the super AMOLED screen. I wish it was. That is why I am going to wait and see what it up with the nexus one for a bit. But according to the video androidcentral just posted it looks like it is using the synaptic clearpad 3000. There are no problems with multitouch at all.

twinturbostang

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
There is a comment under the video that states the Incredible is using the Atmel mxt224 screen. Not sure where his source of information is, but it looks pretty clear that the Incredible definitely uses a different touch screen of some sort.

jpepping

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
There is a comment under the video that states the Incredible is using the Atmel mxt224 screen. Not sure where his source of information is, but it looks pretty clear that the Incredible definitely uses a different touch screen of some sort.

that is the controller chip that interfaces with the touchscreen not the touchscreen itself. Atmel is a chip vendor.

loooney2ns

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Is the screen the same as the Nexus One with the lower resolution? The way the pixels are laid out actually reduces the resolution and it isn't a true 800x480. Text tends to be a little pixellated. If this is the case, I'll probably keep my Droid for now.

SpartanDroid

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Ya the Atmel mxt224 seems like a very good chip for touch screens. Their website says they are very programmable and I think this is one reason why the multitouch is so much better. Their site says that it is very good for capacitive touch screens. So i have a feeling the INC is combined with this new chip and the upgraded screen.

Ya it is the same screen the AMOLED so it is going to look washed out.

The multitouch looks great. I still have to hold out for the N1 to see what the news is with it.

wavechaser

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
On the topic of screen, I'm less concerned about the multitouch issues (which don't seem to be that big a deal for the average non-gaming user like myself), and more concerned about the screen outdoors issue. Since it's AMOLED like the N1's, I'm guessing we can expect the same washed out appearance reported by N1 users who go outside? I think I'm willing to look past it (I need a new damn phone already!) but it would be nice to know.

Okay, figured I'd address this. First, it has been confirmed that AMOLED screen using phones that are using Android 2.1 are noticing the bad outdoor issues, but it has also been stated that a fix is in the works for this. Second, the Incredible has an auto-brightness feature. When reading about the comparison between the N1 and the Incredible, the tester said at first they thought the Incredible was amazing outside (when put next to the N1) until they realized they had the brightness set to auto. Once he changed the setting on the phone to the lower brightness, the visibility outside dropped substantially (duh).

So there you go, set your Incredible's brightness to auto, no more outside issues to worry about.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara